Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the summer of 2019, I have seen two SLKs in the area. One is a black R170, the other is a silver R172. I always spot them at the last possible moment, generally as they drive by in the opposite direction. I always wondered if I could track them down, but never had the opportunity.

Then.....

...walking out of the Lewis & Clark Center to La Bête, I espied the silver R172. It was parked in a visitor's parking spot.

Of course, I had to card it.....

That done, I walked to La Bête and prepared to drive away. Then I thought, why not get a picture of the two cars together?

Why not indeed.....

So I pulled up behind the car and snapped a picture...

To my surprise, the driver stepped out of the car. I hadn't noticed that she had returned while I was getting La Bête. She is a student and we briefly spoke. Her SLK 250 is a 2015. I told her about the upcoming 3rd Saturday breakfast and she commented on the challenge of driving in the snow in an SLK. I explained that SLKWorld is a online group of SLK owners and that it has all the answers one might have about these cars. I then had to speed off to an appointment...

I am wondering if she will drop in SLKWorld and introduce herself...

Okay, now if I can find the black SLK. She too has seen it on post...

The game is still afoot.... :D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,428 Posts
It's always a little awkward when you come to learn the person who drives a unique car doesn't give a dang about it or it's uniqueness!

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,976 Posts
It's always a little awkward when you come to learn the person who drives a unique car doesn't give a dang about it or it's uniqueness!
It's the same as waving to passing drivers., who don't see you waving. Most have that death stare, looking straight down the road with zero peripheral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts