Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone.

Any one know if they are or their car is on Google Street View ? I just found myself on Street View. I'm actually driving down the road. Well you can't tell from the image its me. But I know I was at that location when I went past the car with the enormous tripod and camera mounted on the roof of the car and the google decal on the side of it.

Google Street view.jpg

Does anyone else have an image of themselves ?

s.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow good find! I figured it would be people with the car parked at work or their home, not actually driving down the street.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I 've been shot by google during holidays, on a cafe terrasse

big bros you took us

so we shoot you with your french number plates :Beer:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
I am quite pleased that my house is not on it. In the UK one feels that the state is becoming more and more stalinistic by retaining data, DNA etc and this just does not feel right. There are cameras everywhere.

All seems very Orwellian and soon all of us will be wearing chips and will be monitored as little blips in some giant radar screen.

Bring back the old times I say, when life had privacy and respect.:mad:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
My car is shown just above street level when you are looking down into my driveway. Apparently, I had the car out washing it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am quite pleased that my house is not on it. In the UK one feels that the state is becoming more and more stalinistic by retaining data, DNA etc and this just does not feel right. There are cameras everywhere.

All seems very Orwellian and soon all of us will be wearing chips and will be monitored as little blips in some giant radar screen.

Bring back the old times I say, when life had privacy and respect.:mad:
Have you never, in the past, ever bought a newspaper / book / magazine / postcard containing a photograph of a city / town / village / street / park / beach, which actually has people (or even cars - with registration plates!) on it?

Shock horror outrage! Such things must be banned! "They" are spying on us! And when I say "They", of course I mean the secret alien force which our supposedly respectable public authorities have actually been bribed into working for all the time. Needless to say they always deny this if you ask them, but of course that's what they would say, isn't it?

Can I invite you to join us in our Paranoids' Society? Just send me all your details - full name, address, mother's maiden name, place of birth, her place of birth, bank account number, PIN number, car registration number, chassis number, car mileage, details of all servicing carried out since you acquired it, fully detailed route of every car journey you have ever made, photographs of the interior of every room in your house, a photograph of the contents of your 'fridge ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just because i am paranoid, doesnt mean that they are not after me!! :biglaugh:
How do you know that they're after you? Have you seen their secret files? How do you know that there are any secret files? How do you know things that I don't? What's going on? Why doesn't anyone tell us the real facts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can I invite you to join us in our Paranoids' Society? Just send me all your details - full name, address, mother's maiden name, place of birth, her place of birth, bank account number, PIN number, car registration number, chassis number, car mileage, details of all servicing carried out since you acquired it, fully detailed route of every car journey you have ever made, photographs of the interior of every room in your house, a photograph of the contents of your 'fridge ...
If you insist.....

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My query was a simple one... and very innocent. Just wanted to find out if others had their cars on Google Street view. This discussion has gone off the tracks and is completely off topic.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I remember passing a car with that on top a few years back. I will search that area to see if I am in the picture.

Cool idea for a thread!

I DID see a red SLK following the cab in the background on an episode of cash cab.:biglaugh:

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
69 Posts
My query was a simple one... and very innocent. Just wanted to find out if others had their cars on Google Street view. This discussion has gone off the tracks and is completely off topic.
Er, and that's a problem?

How can we be sure that you're not an agent from them, and have been sent to try to snuff out a discussion which might lead to the Hidden Truth Behind All This being revealed?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can distantly makeout my 328i BMW from the satellite view in my parking lot at work but I'm not so sure about the street view photo. That could be my SLK in the center of the image but the resolution isn't clear enough for me to tell.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.