Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent away for a personalized plate back in September and received it mid-October, just never got around to taking or posting pics of it. Some people may not like it, but I thought it was comical and liked the play on words/letters...:biglaugh:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Nice play on the letters :tu:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like it - you guys in the States get so much more choice over plates than we do here in the UK.

:usa:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a couple of people ask what the AMG was for, I felt like smacking them...they're smart enough to figure out OMG but can't look 6 inches up and to the right! :butt:

D

·
0 Posts
Not quite to my taste since i prefer the stealth look but it did make me smile.

Well done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I googled a little history and reply to the post above, literally, AMG stands for "Aufrecht Melcher Grossaspach". "AM" is the only place that tuned Mercedes back in the days in this town named "Grossapach" where AMG all got started.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I really like it and I Agree with Mike, you guys have such an easier time of personalising your plate than we do, if we so much as move a letter a few milimeters then we can get fined and end up with points.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:biglaugh:Most personalized plates make me smile. Many are very creative, some are stupid, and others you can't figure out. Here's a LINK to a site if you're into personalized plate humor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had a couple of people ask what the AMG was for, I felt like smacking them...they're smart enough to figure out OMG but can't look 6 inches up and to the right! :butt:
Great plate!

I tried this exact plate 4 years ago in Ontario (Canada) for my C63 and it got rejected 'due to religious implications'. Ridiculous.

I told them it means 'Oh My Gosh' but still shut it down.

I just requested E63 OMG for my new car and waiting for it to get rejected as well. Maybe we have progressed in Ontario - fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.