Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, this is not nice, but difficult times need strange ways.

Here: http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/1591-slkworld-folding-home-team.html

everybody will find a way to support the world! Today you might be healthy, but what´s about tomorrow? Your family, yourself, your children? Your neighbors, your friends?

In the moment we are 38 persons supporting it. Download a little programm which you never recognice again. Your PC is running like before, it´s becoming not slower, I promise.

You give a little power of your system to laboratories looking for help for bad deseases like cancer, parkinson etc.

Dear 1200 members, readers and writers,
please give this little something, it costs you nothing and can change your and others life!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Dear Warned, I am still going to talk to you. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: and I ain't givin back my knighthood,"Sir Redneck". :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: and you will always be King OWL. Laugh and lets have fun, life's too short and complicated as it is. :tu::tu::tu::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I don't know what it does, but I'd just downloaded it, installed, and joined the team.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I don't know what it does, but I'd just downloaded it, installed, and joined the team.
It does computation for protein folding that researchers can use to discover/analyze the 3D of protein molecules and perhaps insight as to how particular protein molecules work. I believe it has strong implications for the future of medicine as more and more treatments are pointing to specific proteins especially for spinal cord injuries and cancer treatment, just to name a couple.

It is for a good cause and it only uses the idle time of your computer or PS3.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
^^ thanks for the explanation, I knew it was for a good cause and that was about it. :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Ynot: Do you see the red flower in your bar down right? Can´t find you in our list...

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
@Ynot: Do you see the red flower in your bar down right? Can´t find you in our list...
yeah, it's there, it reads [email protected]: Working (1800/4000) what does that mean, I'm on team 53562, same name. Ynot

·
19,407 Posts
yeah, it's there, it reads [email protected]: Working (1800/4000) what does that mean, I'm on team 53562, same name. Ynot
Your name (Ynot) will start showing up after completion of the first work unit (WU). Thanks again Jai, :tu:

·
19,407 Posts
Bump. For any member who hasn't joined in yet.

Here's the original post by Brian (Easty):

"Hi guys, I've set up a [email protected] team for SLKWORLD.COM

If you have ever heard of [email protected] this is very similar but for medical purposes
rather than space exploration. You can get involved using your unused pc time to help.

Basically how it works is you load a small program on your pc and this program does complicated medical calculations and feeds the info back to the stanford university. It only works when your not using the resources of your pc and it also makes a cool screensaver while your away. And it may give you a nice little feeling if you think your PC is actually being used for something useful for a change. you maybe be helping people with

* Alzheimer's Disease
* Cancer
* Huntington's Disease
* Osteogenesis Imperfecta
* Parkinson's Disease
* Ribosome & antibiotics

read about it HERE

Download the little app here

when you install the app. it'll ask for a user name and a team number the team number is 53562

See how our teams doing here.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=53562

Any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Brian"

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I´m sorry to say that, but Eddy, you´re the past. Now, Dan is on my list...:biglaugh: My old machine is working brillant :tu:

BTW: Gerd, the Gallier Admin joined us too :hail:Don´t know exactly, but may be his server is on the run...

·
19,407 Posts
I´m sorry to say that, but Eddy, you´re the past. Now, Dan is on my list...:biglaugh: My old machine is working brillant :tu:

BTW: Gerd, the Gallier Admin joined us too :hail:Don´t know exactly, but may be his server is on the run...
:biglaugh: Gero, I'm way older/slower than past. I'm running an "old" machine at home - Pentium III, 640 MHz.

I'm grateful they allow me to surf this site at work (Surf Blocker software at work) up to a certain limit.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Walter from the Gallier joined us too! :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gerd, our Admin is OWL-SLK 1 :hb::tu: He has done is first WU :rb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.