Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have read what I could about the Radio and looked at the would be fix for bad station pick-up, but are these MB radio as bad as mine is. I live just across the river from Buffalo and what it does pick up has a very low signal.

Are they all the same or what? The CD player works fine even brings in the Weather channels somewhat but the radio channels we'll don't really have them. I lie I get one that sound like elevator music that one works great. It's like living in an english specking country but only being able to pick up the Foreign stations.:burnout:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Need more info

Does your car have the stock head unit? Does it still have the stock antennae? Has the sound system been previously modified in any way?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a stock Radio it's the one that is in the book that came with the car and the arial is what I see on all of the 2001 SLK's but maybe you can tell from the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
The tuners are pretty good in these cars.
The antenna wire may be unplugged from the back of the radio or, more likely, it's come disconnected from the antenna. Pull the trim panels from the side and feel around under there. You should be able to feel the wire going to the base of the antenna. If not, find and reconnect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.