Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i posted this here as a General Discussion i know it is the interior on the new R 172. I posted this pic by just simply asking is it time for Mb to get rid of that fake wood? Now personally i think it is time to let it just go it looks cheesy to me but hey what do i know ? To me it did not fit into the R 170/171 and now the 172. I kinda could understand it for the R 170 since it was the 90th,s but in the new R172 so outdated. If you need more pics pls go to the Mb Usa Side. As always i borrowed the pic. Here we go.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Guys, i posted this here as a General Discussion i know it is the interior on the new R 172. I posted this pic by just simply asking is it time for Mb to get rid of that fake wood? Now personally i think it is time to let it just go it looks cheesy to me but hey what do i know ? To me it did not fit into the R 170/171 and now the 172. I kinda could understand it for the R 170 since it was the 90th,s but in the new R172 so outdated. If you need more pics pls go to the Mb Usa Side. As always i borrowed the pic. Here we go.

I think with Mercedes, it's not fake wood. It think there is a bit of real wood there.

However...I agree with you 100 percent! While I don't think it looks horrible in the R172, it looks perfectly fine really, I do not *personally* want it in a sports car of mine or any sporty car I might get. Just me.

THe trouble is...they put this package on more than 50 percent of cars I think, which seems a bit high.

I think the xenon package should be what they put on more cars.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
911 thx for the comeback i know on some of the older Mb cars they used real wood with alot of clear coating. Not to step on anybodys feet taste is like and dislike i just think with all the brushed alu and brushed pedals the wood is out of place. And yes you are right Mb caters for the American Market with the wood . To me it just looks outdated on $ 250.00 bucks hell no i had that same clock in my Freightliner 6 years ago at no charge. LOL Mb shure know how to sell the future by steping back into the Overstock warehouse. The sad thing by the time you pay $ 250.00 for the clock and interest you have 1 month with the car payment. Sucker it up if you want to be hip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.