Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

i agree! look in the manual

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts

The website is owned by the same folks that produce Amsoil, so take it with a grain of salt.

This website is only a site that sells Amsoil. It is not an Amsoil factory site.
BUT:

"The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade association that represents all aspects of America’s oil and natural gas industry. Our nearly 400 corporate members, from the largest major oil company to the smallest of independents, come from all segments of the industry."

"For consumers, API provides the API’s Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System (EOLCS). It is a voluntary licensing and certification program that authorizes engine oil marketers who meet specified requirements to use the API Engine Oil Quality Marks. These emblems go directly on each container of oil that retains the certification for and is there to help consumers identify quality engine oils for their gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles."

"API’s Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System (EOLCS) is a voluntary licensing and certification program that authorizes engine oil marketers who meet specified requirements to use the API Engine Oil Quality Marks.
API's Engine Oil Quality Marks—the API Service Symbol "Donut" and Certification Mark "Starburst"—help consumers identify quality engine oils for their gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles."

See: http://www.api.org/certifications/engineoil/about/index.cfm !

The Amsoil site, and several others, only report the findings of API. I would be more curious to know why M-B tries to insist that owners only use Mobil, Pirelli, and Michelin products! There are many tires that are as good, or better, than Pirelli and Michelin; and per API tests, Amsoil is better, in most ways, than Mobil and most other brands of motor oil!!

Since I only want the very best to preserve and protect my 2002 SLK32 AMG, which only has 9,400 miles on it, I am converting to Amsoil motor oil, transmission fluid, differential lube, power steering fluid, and brake fluid! :hail:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.