Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have an 2004 SLK 32 AMG Roadster. It is running fine but I am getting oil sensor messages shortly after starting the car. Most of the time it just displays the lighted oil can, so I siphoned off a few ounces, maybe 6, using a soft clear plastic hose down in the dip stick pipe. After that it began reading oil low so I put the 6 ounces back and it then it was the oil can light again. So I ignored it now it is displaying a, -2.0 Q, if I read it right. I have checked the dip stick and all is well. I have to believe that the car is not down 2 quarts, there is not a drop of oil anywhere in the bottom of the engine or the garage floor. I have to believe this is another case of a faulty oil level sensor. The MB part number is 275 905 0000 about $122.00 and the lower oil pan would have to be removed so a new gasket and sealer would be needed also. HERE IS MY QUESTION..... Where can I get a list of the warning messages displayed on this cars dashboard to see if there really a message saying -2.0 Q or is something else electrically going on here. I can't find anything in the owners manual and it seems to be impossible to get a MB service shop manual for my car. Any help ? SK Ohio

Steve...this thread is about 5 years old

shall i move your issue to its own thread for maximum viewing?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts