Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2004 SLK32 AMG
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just remove some parts to change both cylinder head cover gasket and redo
the sealant on the oil breather cover and find this oil stain !

I really have no idea where it's coming from, I though it was from the black hose
that goes from the brake booster to the side of the throttle body, but that hose was not cover with oil ?? Anyone have an idea ??

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
3,175 Posts
Hi, @Avel Du @Ghis4U ,

Yes sorry, head in Garage Build right now,

I see this a lot on CDI Engines with Turbo's .................

Looking at the first picture, just below the Oil staining there is a Boost Hose Coupler, I wouldn't mind betting you have a slight Boost Leak, would recommend fitting at least a new and good brand Jubilee Clip, more preferably use proper Boost Hose Clamps on all those Joints ;)

There is always a slight Oil Mist in the Intake of Boosted Engines whether Turbo or Supercharged, so coupled with a slight leak under pressure ...............

= Oil Mist Stain

The leakage also appears to be right next to the Worm Drive part of the Clip, which is where regular Jubilees have the least Clamping effect due to design limitations, another reason to go for proper Boost Clamps, more so if you are going to or have tuned the Engine for more Boost :wink:

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaaaaah now I understand, I did not know there could be an oil mist in the intake !!! So I may not have the stock 14.5 psi ?? If I don't change the boost hose coupler and just buy good boost clamps, is it going to be enough ? Thanks

P.S the engine is stock, no tuning

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
3,175 Posts
Hi,

Hose may be OK, may not, need to inspect the inside where it clamps to see if it is deteriorated ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

Reactions: M4rCu5

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

While I'm at it, I'm going to remove the intake plenum, coupler, boost hoses, clean everything and inspect ! I have the service manual for an STR6 Crossfire, same engine and transmission as my SLK32 AMG, but I can't find the torque specs for the 6 bolts holding the Intake plenum !

Can someone post the WIS in pdf file for that job ?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts