Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
transmission fluid mystery leak Help!

I have a 2003 SLK32 AMG with about 40K miles. It has never leaked anything. I put it in storage for the winter last November. About a week after I put it in storage, the guy that owns the building called to tell me that the car just leaked about a quart of transmission fluid (he thinks) on his floor then quit leaking. A few weeks later I started it up, drove it a bit and put it back and no leaks.
I am getting ready to get it back out of storage, and wonder if anyone knows what may be the cause of a temporary leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just ordered a transmission dipstick so I can verify the fluid level.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you actually see the fresh fluid on his floor under your car? Sounds suspicious to me if you say that it's running OK now and no leaks it couldn't just leak out a quart and stop unless you had a break or leak someplace in the transmission and that would show as soon as you started it and moved it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,132 Posts
Did you actually see the fresh fluid on his floor under your car? Sounds suspicious to me if you say that it's running OK now and no leaks it couldn't just leak out a quart and stop unless you had a break or leak someplace in the transmission and that would show as soon as you started it and moved it.
Steve...

please be aware of the date of the threads u r posting in

that thread is 6 years old and the poster u r asking has not been on since 2014

closing this thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.