Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car to work today and when i got home and looked out the window and i could see a little puddle on the floor just behind the drivers side wheel,so i went and had a look and it is oil,without taking the wheel off i can only see that it all round the wheel arch and running down the drop link,so what i want to know is are the front shocks oil or gas filled?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Sorry you havent had a reply yet. I think they are oil. Best take a good look with the wheel off. Cant think of any other reason else you would get oil under a wheel arch Apart from brake fluid.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cars being picked up monday and taken to the garage,just trying to gather some info

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds like too much oil to be a shock. Any spray under the hood? Brakes worked good when you got home or felt spongy? You should be able to tell whether it's coming from the engine compartment or the brakes....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no oil under the hood ,break fluid looks about right so will have to wait and see,

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the car went to the garage and i was told the shock had gone and will be raplaced under warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.