Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an slk and have no idea of when it had its last oil change. So I wanted to change the oil so I knew when it was done. bought some mobile 1, 0 w 40 and have been wondering about the oil filter. fram list a filter for the 6 cylinder but I can find no listing for my 4 banger, what oil filter do ya'll use?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
just bought an slk and have no idea of when it had its last oil change. So I wanted to change the oil so I knew when it was done. bought some mobile 1, 0 w 40 and have been wondering about the oil filter. fram list a filter for the 6 cylinder but I can find no listing for my 4 banger, what oil filter do ya'll use?
I use OEM ones. Get the online when I order parts. It's around $8-9. Visit your local dealer. They should have plenty in stock.
I buy part number A1041800109
the EPC also says A1041800709 but I think it might be just for different region =)

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Mann, Hengst and Knecht/Mahle are the only OE filters AFAIK. I would never use a filter from a McParts store unless I opened it and saw one of those names on it in a repackaged box.

Reactions: JaysonM

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also am not a fan of Fram filters. I bought a half dozen filters when placing an order with one of the parts suppliers advertised on this forum, so that I would have them on hand. I think they were Bosch brand.

The plastic cover on the engine could be damaged with a large pair of pliers or something. The special socket for it available at the dealer and possibly at the MB parts suppliers is well worth the $20 or so that it costs.

Enjoy your new ride,
Doc

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Unless things have recently changed, Bosch has never been an OE supplier of filters. There was a recent post about a poorly made Bosch product that was made in China, I can't remember if it was a filter or not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll look at the filters. I don't remember exactly what brand I actually received.

We're still in double digit heat, so I only spend time in the shop for mower maintenance and repairs. I'll check the filters if I think about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.