Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here...recently acquired an SLK280 through marriage. It took only one trip to the dealer to realize that the only thing they're "certified" to do is to screw up. As a do it your selfer...this little German car has raised some challenges. Even the simple things aren't simple. So I have a few question's. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
1. Oil Change - I read the oil change description post but does anyone know of a more detailed description? Is there 1 or 2 drain plugs? I just need a detailed description on how to change the oil.
2. Transmission Oil - Maintenance Booklet requires a tranny oil change at 39K and then at 143K...what gives...how often does the transmission oil really need changed?
3. Brake Fluid - How often does it need replaced or can one just keep it full without replacement?
4. Passenger Compartment Combination Filter - How often to change and how do I change it?
5. Wheels - Can anyone enlighten me on the different size wheels (front and rear)? Is it possible to put the same size wheel on both the front and back? Would this affect performance or be detrimental to the car in some way?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.