Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MB Service always seems to want my car for an entire day and they are quite a distance so I tend to do my own routine service. They also charge a premium for routine service parts: Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Cabin Fiter etc. Although I don't drive my SLK350 much the service manual indicates Oil and Filter be changed at least once a year and Cabin filters at least every 2 years. I tend to keep my cars and bikes until they rot so the cost of parts adds up. Most of the US parts suppliers won't ship to Canada and when they do the shipping/duty costs make it prohibitable. (Although I have tried Amazon and Ebay)

Anyone find a good supplier of MB OEM that ship free to/in Canada?
What price do you pay for 0W40 and filters?

PS Canadian Tire has Mobil 1 0W40 European Formula for sale at $8.39/l until Feb 16.

Gordon

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Gordon...to answer your question, no I haven't found ANYONE that will ship to Canada.

Option 1, find some kind soul that will take delivery and forward it to you (the forum is full of them, eh GB?!).

Option 2, set up a post box just south of the border and go fetch them once in a while.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mann Cabin Filters- Arrived

Ordered the OEM Mann Cabin Filter from EBay Feb 10 and they arrived today at my front door saving me a trip to MB. 2 sets plus shipping plus duty etc $85. MB charged $169.55 for one in April 2009. I have now ordered all the SLK350 maintenance items through Ebay and or Amazon and will let you know the results.

Gordon

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brake Bleeder Vacuum Pump

Brake Bleeder Vacuum Pump on sale at Princess Auto $24. Used it on bikes today and it worked OK. Will try it on SLK in May.

Gordon

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ebay for Oil Filters

Original Mann is on left in both photos. I did copy the `installation depth` lines on the replacements with a Sharpie. 4 for $25 on Ebay plus $15 for shipping (you can bundle with other purchases and save on shipping).
G.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts