1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I like this statement: HWA is tripling the size of its manufacturing facilities to 3,600 sq. ft. to the tune of €4.5 million.

I wonder if they meant sq meters.
lol, that's an expensive 3,600 sq/ft, if they want, they can work at my house, free of charge, just give me one of the SLR's converts and I'll call it even.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
interesting, i was also one of the poeple who thought merc was gunna buy McLaren.....

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
I think they need to stop the production of the SLR as as soon as possible, All of the Supercar at its time stopped production such as the SLR, Carrera Gt and Enzo whilst the SLR is still going. In addition Ferrari, Porsche are ready to release their new Supercars in a short period of time say 2-3 years.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
3,500 sq ft... haha they must mean metres.
have porsche stopped making the Carrera GT already? I adore that machine.
Are there new supercars in the making 2-3 years away? I think the SLR isn't a patch on the Enzo or Carrera GT anyway, think merc can do much better than the SLR 'looks wise'

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Yes they are 2-3 years away and Porsche stopped the Carrera GT with production of 1,270 cars, whilst the last car was delivered to a Customer in Dubai and it was in Fayence Yellow.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
only few cars can be made in yellow.

I guess this would work,

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Mercedes and McLaren made a contract about the quantity of the SLR, not the production time. That´s the problem of Mercedes. They agreed to pay for 5000 of them, if I remember right. If they stop the production before, Ron Dennis will have a big smile in his face.

The shame is that HWA and not AMG is developing the new car. Don´t they have good engeneers in their own rows?

BTW: the SLK black series is not developed by AMG. The company which has done the work is sitting next to Minden, near Nienburg. They produced about 30 of them for a little race series for a petrol company from Malaysia, if I remember right.

·
Registered
605 Posts
...BTW: the SLK black series is not developed by AMG. The company which has done the work is sitting next to Minden, near Nienburg. They produced about 30 of them for a little race series for a petrol company from Malaysia, if I remember right.

The heck with the cars, get the performane parts into production!!!!

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts