Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 2019 SLC300
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.

Been a member of SLK Forum for couple of years now, since I started trying to convince the other half an open top car would be fun.

Currently leasing a C Class (don't hiss) but I've really enjoyed driving it. Bags of power when I put my foot down, plenty of economy when I'm more gentle.

With the demise of the SLK name, the leasing deals are starting to dry up and the SLC deals (although similar OTR price) are still relatively expensive.

Hopefully prices will settle down by end of September, when my lease is due up.

Anyone got any opinions of SLC lease prices after September, or recollections of early R172 lease deals and how long they took to settle?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi to all.

Been a member of SLK Forum for couple of years now, since I started trying to convince the other half an open top car would be fun.

Currently leasing a C Class (don't hiss) but I've really enjoyed driving it. Bags of power when I put my foot down, plenty of economy when I'm more gentle.

With the demise of the SLK name, the leasing deals are starting to dry up and the SLC deals (although similar OTR price) are still relatively expensive.

Hopefully prices will settle down by end of September, when my lease is due up.

Anyone got any opinions of SLC lease prices after September, or recollections of early R172 lease deals and how long they took to settle?

Thanks
Mercedes Finance in the UK have the best lease deals and they work in quarters, starting in December bizarrely, so the lease prices now will have been set in March. In my experience you get the most aggressive leasing deals from the Q1 pricing (December, January, February) when sales of convertibles will be low but they want to keep the order book full. This is also the best time to order your car because a February order is generally delivered in May or June. Perfect!

BUT the best lease deals are on stock or pipeline cars that are 99.9% standard spec or standard with desirable options (metallic paint, heated seats, Airscarf) anything other than that and you get quoted stupid money because you're paying for the option over the course of the lease (I wanted the Driver Assistance Package, but at £1200 over 24 months it added £100/month to the lease) so unless the car is sat at the dealer, it looks like you're being gouged for options. You're not, you're just not seeing the massive subsidy that Mercedes Finance is putting into the base spec car being carried over to the options list.

A fully optioned 250d will cost the same to lease as an already well equipped base SLC43, so it's REALLY easy to spec that petrol car unless your company policy is diesel-only.

Anyway - order a base car in February for the best price and summer delivery. From what you say about your lease finishing in September, you won't have that option unfortunately. Maybe extend for the winter and get your new car in Spring instead?

·
Registered 2019 SLC300
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercedes Finance in the UK have the best lease deals and they work in quarters, starting in December bizarrely, so the lease prices now will have been set in March. In my experience you get the most aggressive leasing deals from the Q1 pricing (December, January, February) when sales of convertibles will be low but they want to keep the order book full. This is also the best time to order your car because a February order is generally delivered in May or June. Perfect!

BUT the best lease deals are on stock or pipeline cars that are 99.9% standard spec or standard with desirable options (metallic paint, heated seats, Airscarf) anything other than that and you get quoted stupid money because you're paying for the option over the course of the lease (I wanted the Driver Assistance Package, but at £1200 over 24 months it added £100/month to the lease) so unless the car is sat at the dealer, it looks like you're being gouged for options. You're not, you're just not seeing the massive subsidy that Mercedes Finance is putting into the base spec car being carried over to the options list.

A fully optioned 250d will cost the same to lease as an already well equipped base SLC43, so it's REALLY easy to spec that petrol car unless your company policy is diesel-only.

Anyway - order a base car in February for the best price and summer delivery. From what you say about your lease finishing in September, you won't have that option unfortunately. Maybe extend for the winter and get your new car in Spring instead?
Thanks for your advice.

I was looking at various deals from the Internet as well as Mercedes Finance.
Some of the Internet companies do seem a lot cheaper than Mercedes Finance.

eg: SLC 200 Sport manual (3 year PCH)
Mercedes Finance = £4999 deposit plus 36 x £299 = £15,763
Internet deal = £2840 deposit plus 35 x £296 = £13,200

Would you advise to steer clear of Internet companies and go direct to a main Mercedes dealership?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Thanks for your advice.

I was looking at various deals from the Internet as well as Mercedes Finance.
Some of the Internet companies do seem a lot cheaper than Mercedes Finance.

eg: SLC 200 Sport manual (3 year PCH)
Mercedes Finance = £4999 deposit plus 36 x £299 = £15,763
Internet deal = £2840 deposit plus 35 x £296 = £13,200

Would you advise to steer clear of Internet companies and go direct to a main Mercedes dealership?
As far as I'm aware, most if the Internet quotes ARE Mercedes Finance. Only big finance houses like LEX Vehicle Leasing, Mitsubishi Finance and Black Horse Leasing don't use Mercedes UK for finance. With the Internet companies you generally find they are a front for a big Mercedes dealer group or they have an arrangement with their local Mercedes franchise. If you ask who is providing the lease deal they'll happily tell you.

·
Registered 2019 SLC300
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I'm aware, most if the Internet quotes ARE Mercedes Finance. Only big finance houses like LEX Vehicle Leasing, Mitsubishi Finance and Black Horse Leasing don't use Mercedes UK for finance. With the Internet companies you generally find they are a front for a big Mercedes dealer group or they have an arrangement with their local Mercedes franchise. If you ask who is providing the lease deal they'll happily tell you.
Well, the prices on the Internet for the SLC did eventually settle down (still a bit more expensive than SLKs I was originally looking at, but back to a reasonable amount).
Put an order in with an Internet based company - Pantheon Leasing, who gave a great deal and excellent service throughout the process (moderator can delete the name if advertising not allowed).
All the paper work was from Mercedes Fleet leasing, so basically I feel like I've just cut out the showroom premium. I know we all have to make a living, but the Mercedes Dealership I went to last time always seemed busy and I was on a budget.

New car arrived couple of days ago now (I've washed it twice since then). Really pleased with it. Looks fantastic, drives great (I've just found the Sport+ option, might be my default option when the wife isn't in the car).
Also, looks like it's going to be one of the last in Fire Opal Red!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yay! It's such a win-win! I was right about Mercedes Finance and you got a fabulous new car. I have a new theory on these leasing companies. They only last 5 minutes because they do cut-throat deals with Mercedes Finance then go bust. But it doesn't matter because you're actually dealing with Mercedes Finance anyway. More WIN!

(I've had too much coffee I think)

And isn't it a shame that Mercedes stopped doing Fire Opal? It is just the perfect colour for the car.

It might show some consideration for his feelings if you stopped posting pictures of the car that Bastivock REALLY wanted, thought he'd ordered, but now can never have....

Then again, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so put it up for "Ride of the Month". He'll just have to suck it up :)

·
Registered 2019 SLC300
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to change

Well my 3 year lease with my Fire Opal Red SLC 200 is just about over.
Last wash and clean this weekend ready for collection / inspection on Tuesday (26th).

Had great fun in this car, sorry to see it go.

No paint issues - perhaps I was one of the lucky ones.

New car should be delivered on the same day - Metallic Black SLC 300 - starting to feel excited.

Might have two great little sports cars sat on the drive for a couple of hours.

Actually, it's been a 3 years and 1 month lease since I had some trouble ordering the new car and had to extend the current lease by a month.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts
Well my 3 year lease with my Fire Opal Red SLC 200 is just about over.
Last wash and clean this weekend ready for collection / inspection on Tuesday (26th).

Had great fun in this car, sorry to see it go.

No paint issues - perhaps I was one of the lucky ones.

New car should be delivered on the same day - Metallic Black SLC 300 - starting to feel excited.

Might have two great little sports cars sat on the drive for a couple of hours.

Actually, it's been a 3 years and 1 month lease since I had some trouble ordering the new car and had to extend the current lease by a month.
Congrats! Maybe buy instead of lease this time?

don't forget to update this please:

Vehicle: SLC 200 Sport Auto 2016 - Fire Opal Red.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
157 Posts
Congratulations on the new car!

I also used to live near Manchester, some good driving roads in the High Peak area! :)

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,601 Posts
Congrats! Maybe buy instead of lease this time?.
By the time the lease comes to a end on Your SLC300, the R172 will be no more.... :crying:
Then would be the time to consider buying one of the last of the Face Lift R172's off the lease company :tu:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts