Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from Kevin at Mercedes of Buckhead

3rd Annual Southeast AMG Enthusiast Meet and Car ShowSAVE THE DATE!!!!!November 10th 2007 10 AM to 7 PM Andretti Speed Lab – Roswell, GAALL AMG VEHICLES ARE WELCOME!!!!On Saturday, November 10th we will have the 3rd Annual AMG Enthusiast Meet and Car Show at Andretti Speed Lab in Roswell, GA. This event will be produced again by AMG Enthusiasts and supported by the AMG Private Lounge. It is time to polish up those AMG’s and bring them out to meet up with your fellow enthusiasts as we add the first ever AMG Car show to the agenda this year. The event will be from 10 AM to 7 PM on Saturday, November 10th:10:00 AM to 12:00 PM Registration12:00 PM to 5:00 PM Car Show5:30 PM to 7:00 PM Dinner*, Q&A Session and AwardsThis event will be attended by representatives from Mercedes-Benz USA’s AMG Team as well as the AMG Private Lounge. We will have both Product Management and technical support this year and we will have multiple AMG vehicles on display from Mercedes-Benz USA. Be sure to bring you driving shoes as Andretti’s Indoor karting track will be open all day. We will have an award for the best lap time cut by an AMG driver. For out of town guests, we will be conducting a dinner on Friday the 9th. We will locate a hotel close to the venue for out of town guests as well.Awards Will be given for the following categories:Best In ShowLongest Distance TraveledMost Miles on your AMGOldest “Running” AMGBaldest TiresBest Karting TimeMost Modified AMGSave the date now! Registration is free and will open in the next week.* A small fee will be charged for those wanting to attend the dinner. Post a reply if you are interested and we will email you a registration packet once they are ready to go out.We look forward to seeing you on November 10th!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any of you guys that are planning on coming to Atlanta AMG meet let's try to meet somewhere and roll in together. Kevin at MB Buckhead is trying to get a group together for breakfast and go together to the event but I may not be able to do that since I am working til 7 am (may need couple hours sleep). So anyone that may be coming a little later let's get together somewhere along the way. I can give you guys my cell # if you want to set something up, I'm abouyt 30 miles south of ATL.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
reposting this since yesterday's got lost.

rlbawk got your PM.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make the AMG meet. My father passed away at the end of September and after going to the funeral I scheduled to fly back to Iowa that weekend to help my mother finish up the paperwork on my father's insurance, estate, etc. issues. I selected these dates before I knew about the AMG thing so I called Delta to try and change dates but they wanted 50% more of the price I paid so I said @#@# it.

Both of us have had elite Skymiles frequent flyer status for years so I thought they might do something for us, but NO!! :soap:

Was really looking forward to meeting some of you.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thanks, I look forward to seeing them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey trust me I know about the airlines, I'm an Air Traffic Controller and you think they do anything for us....not a chance, but I do get to tell pilots "where to go" on a daily basis. Maybe we can meet sometime for lunch or something. Have a good trip.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wonder if I need to register for the event if I am not staying for dinner?

I will be coming up I-85 from Montgomery Saturday morning.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hey trust me I know about the airlines, I'm an Air Traffic Controller and you think they do anything for us....not a chance, but I do get to tell pilots "where to go" on a daily basis. Maybe we can meet sometime for lunch or something. Have a good trip.
At least they upgraded us to first class for tomorrow's flight.:) Yeah, let's try to set something up when we get back.:tu:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonder if I need to register for the event if I am not staying for dinner?

I will be coming up I-85 from Montgomery Saturday morning.
According to Kevin the registration was so they could get a count on how many would be there for the dinner. I am heading up probably around 11 from south of ATL, if you know about what time you are coming over I could meet you on 85 south of town. I am working til 7 a.m. so I got to get a little sleep first.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Probably be ahead of you by just a bit. Not sure where about you are, but I think I am going to leave about 8am EST so that puts me at the Newnan exit about 10am.

I will PM you my cell number and you can call me if you want to try to meet up.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Don't forget the pix. Looks like there's at least three from this forum; namely, Easty, vitamin T, and rlbawk . :tu:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Coming live from the Event here. Well just about to get there just pulled into a car cleaning place to add a little sparkle for the pics. Wasn't too many cars at the hotel like last time as the meet is elsewhere. A CLK, CLK black and 3 SLK 55's.. watch this space.

http://ifraggle.com/2008/02/03/mercededs-amg-atlanta-event-2007/

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ATL AMG Pics

A few shots from Atlanta AMG event. By the way it was great to meet Easty and VitaminT there, you guys rock.

The last 2 are a CLK63 Black with a matte paint finish. Really a neat looking finish especially with the carbon trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
A few shots from Atlanta AMG event. By the way it was great to meet Easty and VitaminT there, you guys rock.

The last 2 are a CLK63 Black with a matte paint finish. Really a neat looking finish especially with the carbon trim.
Greetings from Iowa. At least it is not snowing , yet. Thanks for the pics. Look forward to meeting up with you guys in the future.:tu:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts