Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
144 Posts
Are any of you interested in a M113K swap and willing to shell out 10K for it? In case you don't know, the M113K is the supercharged V8 that resides in the CL55, SL55, E55, etc. Stock it produces 469HP and 516TQ stock, so a simple pulley swap and tune will net another 100HP.

I've been looking into the swap for my SLK55, and I ran into a shop that has performed a few of these swaps recently. The shop will supply the motor, tranny, misc parts, labor, and tuning for a full OEM looking swap for around 10K, maybe less. As with a few others, the downside is non working ESP or cruise control.

Anyone willing to shell out that kind of money for a swap?

Sorry, but I don't want to mention the specific shop just yet, as this is just a feeler.

This isn't just for the SLK55 crowd, this is for all SLK's.

Attachments

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to be clear, your 4cl, v6, or v8 would be replaced with a new tranny and engine.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,167 Posts
Take note

Just a reminder to folks.

Grip-Grip is asking if there is interest.

There is no compulsion here.

If folks are interested then this is an opportunity/option.

If you are not interested then there are many other threads for you on the forum.

This thread is purely to discover whether there is interest.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
251 Posts
What a deal! Anybody that doesn't like the rattly sounds the engine in their '55 is making - or if they otherwise blow their motor - well I should imagine this would be a "better" path forward than an OEM fix! Are they expecting a functioning core for this price?

I imagine that along with an inop cruise & ESP, there will be no BAS or ABS. It occurs to me that our retractable tops also rely on various speed signals - can you positively confirm that our tops will still retract?

5 speed tranny I imagine?

tn

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, the shop is in the mid-west, and the price includes the M113k engine and tranny along with heat exchanger, heat exchanger pump, fuel pump, and other misc parts. There's a guy on another forum running mid 10's in the 1/4 at 130 MPH with this engine/tranny swap. Keep in mind, there is no core charge or requirement, so you can keep and resale your engine/tranny. I really don't think you guys are into modding, so this will be my last post on the topic.

By they way, pricing drops to 8K each if 5 people go for it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
By the way, the shop is in the mid-west, and the price includes the M113k engine and tranny along with heat exchanger, heat exchanger pump, fuel pump, and other misc parts. There's a guy on another forum running mid 10's in the 1/4 at 130 MPH with this engine/tranny swap. Keep in mind, there is no core charge or requirement, so you can keep and resale your engine/tranny. I really don't think you guys are into modding, so this will be my last post on the topic.

By they way, pricing drops to 8K each if 5 people go for it.
The highlighted is generally true for this forum compared to some other forums, but you also only started the thread a day ago. Give people some time to decide if they can come up with $10k. What would bumping the thread a few times hurt?

Also, you should further describe what "no ESP" means. Is it just acting like the ESP button is turned off (where there is still some ESP), or is it actually 100% off? Does the triangle with exclamation point stay on at all times on the instrument cluster?

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My supercharger is arriving next week, so I'm going to move forward with installing it. Racing season has a way of coming a lot faster than expected, so I have no time to waste. Anyway, below is contact info for the guy/company that does the conversions.

He goes by Georgi Benz and here's his website: Home

Here's the old ebay listing for a C55 he had for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-C55amg-/253194996746?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=GeEm2iDQl2Bm7xmtbX0oJOsCX%2Bo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Best of luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.