Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait until March 2008, we're taking a cruise and holiday out of O'saka (one of my favorite towns) to Hong Kong, Shanghai etc.

The cruise line is Holland Americas or something like that. I have never been on one of thier ships, instead most of my cruises have been on smaller US and Greek lines. They're not anything gutter-trash like Princess are they?

Let me know before I put the deposit down. I do not want any scary surprises. No Posiden Adventures, mass puke fests, anything like that.

:purplebananna:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
My relatives been to the Carrabien in these Ships , overall cruise ship is a different experience. I dont think you would regret going as you experience new locations and get to know the culture and traditions of that place.

Def, A nice trip.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
The only thing I remember with going on a cruise is that people gain 5-10lbs per week.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds awesome to me.. dont forget to share piccies and good times.
I will.

However, before that there are several driving trips coming about. Regular ones to Tampa and Orlando, but I have to drive up to Myrtle Beach, SC to have some Nakato's, our favorite restaurant. Besides, I miss being pulled over in Georgia to have the dogs sniff the car. (2 guys driving north on the Cocaine Trail ALWAYS get stopped!)

I wonder if Myrtle Beach would make a nice impromptu east coast get together for SLK owners. In September and October the weather is beautiful!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Sorry, can't help you Racer, never been on Holland, but Osaka, HK, and Shanghai, sounds like fun, good luck and let us know about your experience, I'm sure it'll be fun

The only thing I remember with going on a cruise is that people gain 5-10lbs per week.
hahah... I can confirmed that. I'm a hard gainer (weight) but I was able to gain close to 10lbs in a week, had to wake up early every morning to run and lift weights, I was surprised at all the people there in the morning. It makes me laugh when I see weight loss programs on cruise ships, it looks like they get bigger towards to end. There's just so much food and you don't have to do any cleaning so it makes you want to eat more. lol.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious, what's the problem with cruise lines like Princess? I have no experience with them, but was contemplating a future cruise.

I would LOVE to answer that question, but lets just say I would not go in a Princess cruise at any price.

The fires and mass sicknesses are public knowledge though, they have been on the news.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I will.

However, before that there are several driving trips coming about. Regular ones to Tampa and Orlando, but I have to drive up to Myrtle Beach, SC to have some Nakato's, our favorite restaurant. Besides, I miss being pulled over in Georgia to have the dogs sniff the car. (2 guys driving north on the Cocaine Trail ALWAYS get stopped!)

I wonder if Myrtle Beach would make a nice impromptu east coast get together for SLK owners. In September and October the weather is beautiful!
There's space at mine if you need a stop over. about 10mins for dt savannah. where's Myrtle Beach, think Ive heard of that.. Golf?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's space at mine if you need a stop over. about 10mins for dt savannah. where's Myrtle Beach, think Ive heard of that.. Golf?
Myrtle Beach is in South Carolina, not far from the border with North Carolina.

I do not play golf, but I used to own a summer home on Ocean Isle outside of Shallot, right on the border of North and South Carolina. There's a great area of Myrtle Beach that's called "Restaurant Row" and has many good places. Our favorite being Nakato's.

The Myrtle Beach Nakato's is better then the Atlanta one, the Atlanta one is owned by the sister and she's not as good with the sauces. ;-)

Highway 17 through the Carolinas can be quite fun, especially through NC at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.