Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone??

I'm working in LA but do check here every day and sometimes multiple times a day.

When I'm done in California I do plan on doing another exhaust mod but that wont happen until the end of September.

I'll keep everyone posted on when we think we'll be starting.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused: Is there R170 activity on the other MB forums? Got to be tons of new and old R170 owners out there seeking information on their vehicles. Come Ye my children to the ALL SLK forum:D .

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
My guess...most don't know where to find us.
When I bought mine, it took me a long time to find any MB forum. It's easy now that I know what to look for, but as a new MB owner, I had to really search to find a forum. I never even heard of forums before owning a MB.

That is why I like the cards idea...I saw another SL 500 in my parking garage but did not want to leave a hand written note on it as I have done in the past.

ORRR.... maybe were all out driving!!!!! LOL R)

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since the R171 owners are always posting questions about problems......Maybe we aren't having many problems at all hence our empty forum.

No news is good news!!!!!!!!!

Mine is running great!.....Can't wait for it to cool down so I can get out to the track and get my new 1/4 numbers!!!

Hoping to break into the high 11's......maybe 11.8 - 11.9 but won't be able to do that until it cools down and I get some slicks.

Its all about the tourque baby!!!!!!!

Rule of thumb:

Horsepower sells cars, Tourque wins races!!!!!!

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm around....just working from home this week.

Man I work way too much......but you know...as long as the check clears....:eek:)

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't do the tail light recall.

I believe that they change out the whole assembly and I had my housings tinted out so I can't do it...:eek:(

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
slk230r170 said:
Here working. Still waiting for the tail light recall:soap: !!!!! 2004 slk230
The recall is in effect already. You don't need to wait for your notice. I haven't recieved my notice yet, but I got mine done a few weeks ago. Just call your local MB dealer and give them your VIN. That's all I did and she set me up with an appt.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Did I read correctly...you loose your ability to use your high beams with those?:(

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
43 Posts
SLKman said:
Did I read correctly...you loose your ability to use your high beams with those?:(
No. It's all quite complex, but you can have high/low beams. The kit they showed on ebay was for a single xenon (no high beam) kit, but you can get a bi-xenon (high/low) kit as well.

I decided to keep it simple and went for the basic H4 halogen kit, which has high/low functionality (and is much cheaper at $270 shipped). I can add bi-xenons later if I want (using a kit from ebay...there are several). But I'll probably stick with halogens.

My factory xenon headlamps will get stored in the attic...or sold if the new headlights are a "keeper" with no issues.

·
Founding Member
14 Posts
DesignoSLK said:
The recall is in effect already. You don't need to wait for your notice. I haven't recieved my notice yet, but I got mine done a few weeks ago. Just call your local MB dealer and give them your VIN. That's all I did and she set me up with an appt.

I did call dealer, they said no recall on mine. Seems like it is for 1998 to 2000 models.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
tungster said:
Where is everyone??

I'm working in LA but do check here every day and sometimes multiple times a day.

whereabout in la are you? your car looks awesome in pictures, i'd like to see it in person (i live in beautiful la county.)

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finished in LA two weeks ago but I never drove my car out there.

I'm in Jacksonville, FL now for 6 months. I may take my car there but still not sure as I am able to do some work from home and wouldn't need to be out there every week.

We'll see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.