Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bf is getting me one for my birthday. It's the OEM Mercedes version. I'll be on the road when I receive it and I'm sure I'll get fingerprints all over it while installing it.

I remember reading about someone fogging theirs by cleaning it with the wrong "juice".

What's the right stuff to use to clean the plexiglass?

Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
I use Glass "Magic Cloth", the cleaning system that uses two cloths-one dampened with water and one to polish off.

Works a treat and doesn't scratch, leaves it gleaming.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
I actually doubt you will get any fingerprints on it. It takes 5 minutes to install and you will be handling the "glass" part by the black plastic around the edges.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,421 Posts

·
97,421 Posts
nope, just my windshield and the comand screen. my gf says to try it on jewelry so i will try my ring

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there anything around the house that might be safe? I can't find the Meguiar's stuff locally and am impatient.

I have 1Z Cockpit Premium which says on the label "safely cleans all clear and colored automotive plastic interior surfaces such as dash, trim, door panels, navigation/audio screens, etc... Might that be safe?

·
97,421 Posts
i've used windex on it

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Is there anything around the house that might be safe? I can't find the Meguiar's stuff locally and am impatient.

I have 1Z Cockpit Premium which says on the label "safely cleans all clear and colored automotive plastic interior surfaces such as dash, trim, door panels, navigation/audio screens, etc... Might that be safe?
You might try Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer. This is more commonly available.

You got to be careful though because even a microfiber will scratch.

The goal is try to have a clean that provides enough lubricity.

I also agree that windex is a bad idea.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stop by your local General aviation airport and the Pilots shop should have either Plexus or PlexAll.
Used to clean airplane windows. Has no ammonia or alcohol and a wax lubricant.
Not sure where you are in San Fran, you might try Livermore , Hayward or Pataluma airports.
Good stuff I also use it on my Motorcycle windshield.

·
97,421 Posts
ammonia free windex.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.