Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I recently bought a second hand OEM wind restrictor and since the weather has been warm I tired it out. here's a picture of how I have it on, but I comes off when I drive at highway speed with the top down. do I have it on correctly?

·
Registered
350 Posts
hi, just wondering what/why there apears to be a strap on the top of it. should this go around the roll bar and velcro to fix?
also are there straps that go down to popper behind outside edge of seat?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,082 Posts
If you go to ebay and type in r170 mercedes slk oem mesh windscreen, they never looked like your picture and when I had my 2002 Slk 320 it looked like this:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go to ebay and type in r170 mercedes slk oem mesh windscreen, they never looked like your picture and when I had my 2002 Slk 320 it looked like this:

mines an '00, pre-facelift, i did some quick searches and the pre/post facelift have different windscreens and attaching points

hi, just wondering what/why there apears to be a strap on the top of it. should this go around the roll bar and velcro to fix?
also are there straps that go down to popper behind outside edge of seat?
I will double check in the morning, but the if i remember correctly, the strap on top doesnt fit around the top, if it reached it would stay up. and yes, i tried to show in the picture, there are straps that go down each side on the outside edge of the roll bars that hold it in place.

·
95,082 Posts
looks like a 3rd part attempt at oem. get a windrestrictor (our sponsor) with member discount!

·
95,082 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a nice Lexan wind screen for my '01 320 SLK from Windblox.
I also got it smoked, and shipped it was around $160.
My wife and I were driving down the interstate yesterday at 75mph and were able to have a conversation without yelling, and although it trussled our hair a little, it was actually quite nice! We really like it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
hey guys, I recently bought a second hand OEM wind restrictor and since the weather has been warm I tired it out. here's a picture of how I have it on, but I comes off when I drive at highway speed with the top down. do I have it on correctly?

mine is exactly the same as this works fine I always thought it was oem

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I bought a nice Lexan wind screen for my '01 320 SLK from Windblox.
I also got it smoked, and shipped it was around $160.
My wife and I were driving down the interstate yesterday at 75mph and were able to have a conversation without yelling, and although it trussled our hair a little, it was actually quite nice! We really like it.
Do you have a photo of it installed on an SLK? all the website had was on the SL's

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.