Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice regarding OEM wheels.

I have the standard 16-spoke AMG wheels for a MY05 SLK55 AMG. They are used, with the kind of wear you'd expect from a car that was driven for 5 years. still in great shape, and I'll respond later to my own post with photos.

Trying to figure out a ball park of what I should be asking for. Would be interested in selling them to someone here, or locally, or shipping/selling via eBay if necessary.

I'm not trying to get every last cent outta the wheels that I can. Just trying to get a fair deal for both myself and the buyer. Normally I wouldn't just come out and post like this for a sale, but I've come to trust the members here and am in need of some expertise.

Ty in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
512 Posts
well, pics will help determine price, for sure. Also, if you're selling with or without tires (and if so WITH tires, the condition of the tires should be documented).

wheels alone in decent condition... a fair price to me would be probably around $900 depending on condition. A good deal would be $750 probably.

Reactions: danieleik

·
Registered
460 Posts
You can get aftermarket wheels for way under $1,000. So used I think would be half that. I know that they are AMG wheels, but they are used as you said with normal wear.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
You can get aftermarket wheels for way under $1,000. So used I think would be half that. I know that they are AMG wheels, but they are used as you said with normal wear.
:confused:I agree. Sound like wheels only? I sold a set in early 2007 with Pirelli P Zeros, around 5000 miles with shipping, for $1000 and was glad to get that.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Most people are looking for aftermarket wheels so OEM wheels isn't very popular. If you price it cheap enough, people will buy it for spares or for winter use. I say $700 - $1000 is reasonable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the great info.

Did a little more homework as well, and I think I found an acquaintance interested in purchasing the wheels. It's a "friend of a friend" kind of thing, so I'm going to give him an extremely fair deal....He offered $900 for them, but I'm leaning more towards letting them go for around $600...seems more appropriate. One does have a scratch where it looks like I probably bumped up against a curb when parallel parking.

Just wanna make sure: The wheels will pop right on with no spacers or other mods on a 2007 SLK280...right?

I have to admit, even though I've never been a huge fan of the 16-spokes...it's going to be weird to see them go. Oh well...at least I won't have to clean between all those little gaps with a sponge anymore!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hello,

I like your wheels and the new upgraded brakes and rotors.

I have been thinking about the same for my SLk280.

I have a 2006 SLK280 with the optional factory AMG 18 inch wheels. I bought the SLK's used (second owner). There is a sticker with the size and recommended air pressure settings of 18 inch tires front and rear inside the gas cap from the MB factory. The original owner must have then taken the AMG 18 inch wheels to somewhere to get chromed aftermarket since MB officially does not sell chromed wheels. I also have a 2006 SLK55 AMG with its original factory 18 inch wheels. These look exactly the same except on my SLk280 the wheels are chromed.

As far as I know there were no spacer installed on my SLK280 nor on the SLK55 AMG. A couple of weeks ago I replaced the two rear tires on the SLK280 with 265 - 35 - 18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (original original was 245's. I replaced with 255's about two years ago and now moved on to 265's). All fit well without any problems. About 8 months ago or so I also replaced the rear tires on my SLk55 AMG with the same above 265 - 35 - 18 Michelin's. The tire shop said I could go as wide as 275, but I decided to go with the 265.

I hope the above helps.

Thanks all for the great info.

Did a little more homework as well, and I think I found an acquaintance interested in purchasing the wheels. It's a "friend of a friend" kind of thing, so I'm going to give him an extremely fair deal....He offered $900 for them, but I'm leaning more towards letting them go for around $600...seems more appropriate. One does have a scratch where it looks like I probably bumped up against a curb when parallel parking.

Just wanna make sure: The wheels will pop right on with no spacers or other mods on a 2007 SLK280...right?

I have to admit, even though I've never been a huge fan of the 16-spokes...it's going to be weird to see them go. Oh well...at least I won't have to clean between all those little gaps with a sponge anymore!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.