Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to find the correct PN replacement spark plugs
For my 2002 SLK230.
The manual shows that the replacement spark plugs are a Bosch F7KTCR.
Mercedes Dealer states that their PN is #003159780326.
Bosch advises that the correct PN is FR7KPP33U+ and that the F7KTCR is for models older than 2002....

Anybody actually remember what spark plugs were pulled from their 2002 model?

thanks,
JD

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,412 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You can check parts yourself and in doing so can input your VIN # to ensure parts are correct for YOUR car.

http://epc.startekinfo.com

Leave "26" off your part number and you'll have the correct Mercedes number, i.e. 003 159 78 03

Mercedes EPC states this is indeed Bosch F7 KTCR

Under Mercedes part number 003 159 73 03 EPC lists Beru 14 FGH-7 DTURX 0 as an alternate.

I would recommend getting plugs from dealer, as Bosch has messed up its aftermarket sales, often times arbitrarily replacing nonresistor plugs with versions with resistors in its catalogs. I would put no stock at all in the Bosch catalog.

If you insist on aftermarket plugs, the Berus are a better bet than Bosch.

All above if your car is 170447.

If your car is 170449, Mercedes part number is 003 159 97 03, which EPC states is NGK IFR 6D10

I suspect the change in model number means "facelift," but I'm not familiar enough with R170 to know what model year that means.

Best in any event, again, to look up parts using your VIN#

Better dealer prices here: http://www.getmercedesparts.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.