Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people on the forum are DIY'ers. For some of us that is not the case, but it doesnt mean we shouldn't be able to know if our Indy's are charging fair market prices. If we're paying the labor charge, we should have a say in what we pay for parts or some negotiating point.

[if this is the wrong section for the post please relocate]

Today I had the drivers side washer nozzle replaced [and believe me, if the sucker wasn't leaking everywhere I went, I wouldn't have because I dont need my headlights spritzed with no way of wiping them [[stupid imo]] and this was the breakdown

indy part cost: $117
online part cost: $87.75 per http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/

And he did in fact charge me the msrp of which I would not have haggled over $30 unless I had a bigger job to do OR I knew ahead of time. But while he was up there, he also checked all the headlight connections for me because the drivers side flickers and goes off. He did not charge me for any of that inspection, and he did explain everything about the front head lights. Knowledge is power with the upscale toy business. I'll take everything I can get.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Sounds like a good guy to have working on your car. Have you installed the EPC tool on your computer ? If not, then there's some powerful knowledge. :tu:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,726 Posts
EPC tool?
Please elaborate. Thanks.
EPCnet Online is the official Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC site for hosting spare parts documentation for Mercedes-Benz cars and light trucks sold in the USA.

EPCnet is a browser-based Electronic Parts Catalog which allows the user to specify virtually every spare part for the models covered. An intuitive graphical user interface permits easy navigation through the extensive parts catalog. Tutorials are available at no charge to help familiarize both new and experienced users with the Mercedes-Benz spare parts group system and the selection of the appropriate part for your particular vehicle.

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/30791-how-get-datacard-epcnet.html

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
You actually invested an extra 30$ to find out your mechanic is a serious professional willing to go the extra mile for you and your car. I think that you came out on top....he's a keeper!

I always make sure to shake my mechanics hand and say thank you....maybe with a gift card to dinner or some other small token of my appreciation. Good mechanics work long and hard to learn their craft and they deserve to be acknowledged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts