Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For once I'm gonna actually test the stock cars performance of 0-100/60 before and after I chip the car. Just got my rims check them out in my other thread!!! Btw oetuning chip is being delivered expecting it here in the next 2 weeks. Going to be using a Gtec to get the specs I'll do a few runs to get an average and post them up asap. See you all soon :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the chip has arrived sorry about the long wait but the weather in Melbourne for the past 3 weeks has been absolute balls to run a 0-100 :crying: hopefully it fines out soonish so I can do some runs. Sorry all for the wait << :frown: im very sad to atm lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i have found a company here in melb that have worked with AMG in germany and now have a store here in Melb.. finally i have found a local that can time my ECU.. ummm wait first attempt fail and waiting for a new module from Europe , so hopefully next week they can do it and yes , i now have my Kleenamn headers installed and OMG bring on the HP

so once done i can give my car a burst and see what 0 - 100 i have .. very curious .. and yes 1/4 mile figures for sure

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So yes I know ive been gone for a while but I have installed the chip and have been testing it once a week for the past 4 weeks (different weather conditions, full tank of fuel)0:)
Stock the car ran 5.63 with a full tank of petrol (road was a tad damp revved to 2000rpm and launched, slight incline .2) I have gotten 5.47 but that was with perfect conditions and a slight decline (don't remember what it was)
Oe tuning specs:
(very wet surface flat to the floor needed traction on) Not bad considering a whole load of wheel spin best I got was 5.95-100km
(damp surface slight incline revved to 2000rpm) well this only took me 2 goes on the way to uni and there was a greater incline of .33 5.57sec-100km
(pretty damn perfect, bit windy) 1st go revved to 2000rpm got 5.36-100km>:D 2nd go I just hit the throttle straight and hit 5.44-100 (slight incline .36 and .31)
All specs I got are done with a full tank of fuel meaning I just left the petrol station and then floored it.:wink: Also I have new tires 255 in the back 235 in the front and apart from that the car is still stock unless the rear spoiler made a difference ;) LOL:grin:
I done all the tests on an incline just so we know that my car is actually going slower than it would if it was going down a decline apart from that sorry for the long ass wait had exams and conditions were very bad.

Overall all I can say is that the ecu really waked the car up I don't feel like im waiting 10 seconds for the power to kick in anymore. Feels more like a sports car more than a touring car. The car should have came like this from factory. I also noticed a crazy amount of wheel spin so 1700-2000rpm is the average I launched it from. Anything more and your car is pretty much just going to sit there shredding the tires.
Obviously this car is never going to be as quick as a Nissan Gtr but sometimes its not about how quick you can get to a certain speed its about how you look doing it ;) Anyway that's enough from me sorry again for making you guys wait this out but its done now hope this helps you guys think this one out...is .1 of a second and a woken up car with greater wheel spin worth 600 bucks... well if you ask me HELL YES!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
woo hoo some specs , that is awesome ,, seems we have a clear day today so umm i might give my car a burst and see what i can do with times etc ... thank you for posting this , hope all is well

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've always wanted the ecu remap from oe tunning. Now that its 600 with the flasher I think I might do it.

I'll just wait for my buddy to pay me the rest of the money he owes me for his season tickets and I think I'll just take a drive down to their shop in two weeks when I'm on vacation to do it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've always wanted the ecu remap from oe tunning. Now that its 600 with the flasher I think I might do it.

I'll just wait for my buddy to pay me the rest of the money he owes me for his season tickets and I think I'll just take a drive down to their shop in two weeks when I'm on vacation to do it.
yeah man go for it its totally worth it. Its a **** ton better than getting a sprint booster. Ive driven the car with the ecu now for quite some time now and unlike before I know actually go WOW everytime I hit the accelerator >:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts