Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Pretty secure ...

The mileage displayed on the odeometer is stored in several different ECU's

The Intrument Cluster, Central Gateway and the Main Engine ECU and the EIS (Ignition switch) - I think!

They all need to tie up, and replacing the cluster isn't just a case of swapping them over - they need to be zero'd (ie, like new) first. The cluster then adapots the mileage of the car from the other ECU's (I think they call it the Drive Authorisation System)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty secure ...

The mileage displayed on the odeometer is stored in several different ECU's

The Intrument Cluster, Central Gateway and the Main Engine ECU and the EIS (Ignition switch) - I think!

They all need to tie up, and replacing the cluster isn't just a case of swapping them over - they need to be zero'd (ie, like new) first. The cluster then adapots the mileage of the car from the other ECU's (I think they call it the Drive Authorisation System)
So the indicated mileage may not be true at all?

Thanks for your reply

Alphagemini

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
So the indicated mileage may not be true at all?

Thanks for your reply

Alphagemini
It may be the opposite, as the "grafted" instrument panel/odometer will be "synchronized" and updated by the other systems during the coding/"marrying" process.

As Sean stated: "The cluster then adopts the mileage of the car from the other ECU's."

Reactions: alphagemini
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.