Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hopeless *** owner
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my 99 slk 230 has an odd issue. I found that the horn and alarm did not work along with the cigar lighter and dome (interior) light.
Found that a 10A fuse in the engine compartment was missing that controlled the horn, alarm, and lighter. Plugged a new fuse in and the alarm instantly starting going!!! Naturally I pulled the fuse back out. LOL

Dome light issue I have no idea on. I know I seen a guide to remove the cover but cannot seem to find it.

Another odd issue is the door locks. They do not unlock or lock using the key fob or the button on the center console.

thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. :tu:

stinger

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,761 Posts
As far as I know all those faults together point to the PSE , looks like the fuse was removed as an easy solution !!

·
Hopeless *** owner
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked the pump and its connectors for corrosion ??
I haven't yet. Every time I decide to check things out the weather turns bad and it snows and gets real cold. LOL
I have had this slk for about a month now and only driven it 3 dang times. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Any progress?

Since the ATA (Anti Theft Alarm) is also housed in the PSE (Pneumatic Services Environment), which looks after dome light, boot light, etc as well as central locking (both fob and button), the PSE is really the most likely culprit.

You may need to get out there with a brolly to chase down the problems before they become worse. And it is possible to remove the PSE completely, and drive the car OK, should you need longer to dry it out or get someone to investigate it. (Manual locking of both doors, boot and fuel filler flap)
Anon

·
Hopeless *** owner
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any progress?

Since the ATA (Anti Theft Alarm) is also housed in the PSE (Pneumatic Services Environment), which looks after dome light, boot light, etc as well as central locking (both fob and button), the PSE is really the most likely culprit.

You may need to get out there with a brolly to chase down the problems before they become worse. And it is possible to remove the PSE completely, and drive the car OK, should you need longer to dry it out or get someone to investigate it. (Manual locking of both doors, boot and fuel filler flap)
Anon

I haven't yet. The weather has finally started to get nice.

LOL I have to manually lock and unlock the doors and boot now as it is. The fuse is removed from the alarm at the moment. If I try to insert a fuse the alarm just keeps screaming. Not able to disarm the alarm with the fuse installed.

Kind of tend to believe it is the PSE. :mad:

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
I haven't yet. The weather has finally started to get nice.

LOL I have to manually lock and unlock the doors and boot now as it is. The fuse is removed from the alarm at the moment. If I try to insert a fuse the alarm just keeps screaming. Not able to disarm the alarm with the fuse installed.

Kind of tend to believe it is the PSE. :mad:
Nice (?) to see others have problems getting things done.
Good hunting when you get the weather and time to chase this problem down.

I confirmed today that the alarm connections to the ATA side of the PSE are completely missing; someone has connected a wire from the pins on the PSE connector and run them forward to some sort of alarm in the bonnet area.
But strangely, it works on the normal fob?

All I want to do is add a vacuum pump action to allow locking and unlocking.

OK, back to my other thread on the PSE, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.