Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to get a OBD II to check out if codes or check engine light come on...
I seen a few on line and some at a very reasonable price. My question is says for all US cars 1986 and above... Will it work on my slk 230 or is there a special one that I need for the MB being that it bot a American made Auto.
The code pocket is under the drivers side dash? Is that correct? And does any ODB II fit there all the same size?

Thanks

jnc1948

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since I have a SLK 280 I could be wrong. But I think the answer to both questions are Yes. Where I plug mine is very nearly directly under the steering wheel. And yes all OBD II readers will fit. I have had an Actron code reader for a few years now, and It does seem to read the codes. As best I can tell it seems to do a reasonable job. So far it has read codes correctly, and I have been able to reset any code that has popped up. I have not been able to access many things that a STAR reader such as a dealer would have. Mine is in the 100 dollar range and the STAR has more zero's on the end than mine. I also have not been able to reset time and miles before next service. I am a newbie, I am certain there will be others that can tell you far more than I

Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.