Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
All the SLK
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the October 2022 Ride of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG 621418 619056
147 Posts
I'm a new member after finally purchasing my dream car at age 63 on September 8, 2022. It is a 2006 MB SLK 55 with only 30,000! This fulfilled my bucket list as I was diagnosed with cancer this past February and am in chemotherapy. It was well maintained by the 2 previous owners in CA and TX where the TX owner drove only 847 miles per year and serviced at MB of San Antonio, TX.

This car is well equipped with Airscarf, 326 Premium Package, 320 Entertainment Package, 319 Lighting Package, 050 Phone SYS and 819 6 Disc Changer (I have to buy some CDs ;)) I bought the cell phone Bluetooth adaptor and installed that is working great with my Android phone.

Presently, no modifications but I did buy new rear tires, restored the headlights (see my post on Headlight restoration),
detailed with ceramic coating and had the side windows re-tinted and installed new OEM C-Pillar covers (another post on SLK world).

I love the power band of this M113 engine, the stock AMG mufflers sound good...especially going topless! It handles so well in the corners with hardly any understeer where I can't wait for a track day to let her loose and show what it can do. The seats are comfortable for both my wife and I. She sees me smiling when I hit the "go fast" pedal!!! :)

These 3 pics of my SLK55 AMG in Mars Red!

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG 621418 619056
147 Posts
Fantastic car, fantastic spec. As I've said before...if I wasn't such a fan of white cars, I'd have yours with the red/black interior in my garage.
Thank you! Your's is sharp looking!

Reactions: addmoregas

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
27 Posts
Hi, so this is my 06 SLK 350. I've owned her for 8 months, in that time I've done the following...

Maxton design front splitter
Rear lip spoiler
Tinted headlights & taillights
Chrome surround to fog lights
Chrome hood fins
Wrapped the roof, grill slats and rear diffusor section
Shorter antenna

I've also got a set of 30mm lowering springs waiting to be fitted and waiting to have the wheels powdercoated gloss black.

My favourite memory of Linda (yes, she has a name) is very recent, during a trip to Wales my partner wanted to drive up the mountains to see the wind turbines up close. The road was smooth and easy driving, until it wasn't with no where to turn around. Poor Linda was well and truly out of her element, massive potholes and bumpy conditions, but taking it really slow, she soldiered on and got us to our destination. However once parked up, we very quickly became surrounded by cows and sheep and were stuck for half an hour before we could attempt to make our way back down the terrible road we came up.

Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
*Registered
2007 SLK280
32 Posts
New guy here.
Just purchased our 2007 two days ago so no mods…yet! And haven’t really had a chance to make any memorable rides…yet! (Except for the one bringing it home!)
Have a few bugs to work out but overall it’s in great shape for 15 years old.
Looking forward to all the great advice from all of you who have owned yours for some time.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
47 Posts
Welcome to the October 2022 Ride of the Month Competition!

View attachment 619381

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery
Almost a carbon copy of mine, except the front plate holder bracket.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
34 Posts
Hello,

Fairly new user from England, Great Britain.

Have had my 2015 250 CDI SLK for coming up to 9 months now and I love every minute of it. I am quite a young driver (21) and going from a Corsa to an SLK has absolutely blown my mind! It is my aspiration to restore this car back to Showroom condition, or as close as possible within a small budget!

The only "modification" I have done to my SLK was replace the main headlights with LED's as I despise Halogen, and personally think they ruin the luxury look of the car.

One of my most enjoyable memories was not too long ago, driving round the Isle of Arran in Scotland. We were up there for a family members wedding. 70% of the roads were awful to drive on, just due to poor condition, but that 30% that had been looked after was just amazing. Tight hair pins, sweeping curves, long straights, all whilst looking over a scenic Ocean!

My SLK is base spec, there are little bits here and there that I would love to do but I'm thrilled with it! I make sure to wash it (by hand) every weekend, usually using the two bucket method. I would like to get it detailed and ceramic coated one day but sadly can't afford it.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK300
15 Posts
Hi, so this is my 06 SLK 350. I've owned her for 8 months, in that time I've done the following...

Maxton design front splitter
Rear lip spoiler
Tinted headlights & taillights
Chrome surround to fog lights
Chrome hood fins
Wrapped the roof, grill slats and rear diffusor section
Shorter antenna

I've also got a set of 30mm lowering springs waiting to be fitted and waiting to have the wheels powdercoated gloss black.

My favourite memory of Linda (yes, she has a name) is very recent, during a trip to Wales my partner wanted to drive up the mountains to see the wind turbines up close. The road was smooth and easy driving, until it wasn't with no where to turn around. Poor Linda was well and truly out of her element, massive potholes and bumpy conditions, but taking it really slow, she soldiered on and got us to our destination. However once parked up, we very quickly became surrounded by cows and sheep and were stuck for half an hour before we could attempt to make our way back down the terrible road we came up.

View attachment 619418
View attachment 619417 View attachment 619419
Gorgeous!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.