Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

October ROTM

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Funky 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the October Ride of the Month Competition!

Car Wheel Vehicle Grille Plant

Congrats to our September ROTM winner, @rherrma

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. All entries must be a SLK or SLC model.
  3. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  4. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  5. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  6. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  7. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  8. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

I have tried to keep my car as stock as possible. Slight modifications have been changing wind restrictor, adding caps to the wheel nuts and installing a cigarette lighter powered ambient light system.

The favourite aspect of the car is the curvy rear section it just makes the car shapely and sensational.

Favourite journey has to be leading a convoy of 23+ SLK's to a car show earlier this year which was special to me.

#4 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

My SLK200 R172 2012 edition. I don’t have many left side photos as we drive opposite to most of you. Trying to find this car was hard as I wanted many factory fitted and ordered AMG features without it being a Car that tried to look like an AMG that wasn’t. Mainly the outside without AMG pack but still with AMG Rims. This car finally came up for sale but it was interstate, I had no way of getting to it so I took a gamble and purchased it sight unseen. I just had to have it as it had the specs I needed to start with and I will enjoy retrofitting parts to what was supposed to be a Weekender that I cannot stop driving. I haven’t had it long but always wanted one and thought it would be a R171 until Covid drove up the price in Melbourne so High that this R172 seemed a better deal, I wanted/needed it as 7 year anniversary gift for my wife/(me, well that’s what she says anyway). My favourite memories so far are my wedding anniversary dinner drive dressed up with the top down with my wife. The next best memory is the satisfaction of seeing the Smarttop work perfectly after fitting it in my garage! The best aspect of this car is driving with the roof down then parking it and checking out it’s beautiful rear end when walking away! More mods to come and hopefully some DIY posts to follow.
Mods done so far, Smarttop, new LCD with CarPlay, retro fitted and coded Auto fold mirrors, Laser Mirror puddle lights, Ceramic coating, Rear view camera.
Cheers from Australia.

#8 · (Edited)
Like my all original BRABUS SLK V8 6.5

The mods have been done from the Factory in these case and I keep em on shape and as original as possible.

A nice ride always lots of smiles when you floor it due accelerarion and the noise of the exhaust.😁😁😁

When we join the Schöne Sterne Mercedes Benz Show in 2019 we got overtaken by an "S" AMG'S. on early sunday morning on an open part of the German highway aka our beloved AUTOBAHN..at 180km/h ...

I told my friend on the passengerseat please put the cap on your cappuccino cup...
and we passed the AMG:S pretty soon.... 😉

When we stay later in a waiting line to enter the parking lot from the SCHÖNE STERNE Showground, the owner of the AMG'S came walked along from behind and asked me:

"What's that for an SLK?"

I answer just an all original well maintained SLK 230 Kompressor with BRABUS BODYKIT.....

Any further questions???

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.