Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tazz:

Guess it is time to start getting things listed for the October San Simeon event. I know of at least 3-4 cars from the north that are staying Saturday night at the Best Western San Simeon.

:burnout:

We have not finalized our meet, drive, and lunch, or even dinner yet....we have our September event tomorrow, but will work on it right after that.

We will meet in Monterey and most likely lunch in Big Sur Saturday, 10/20.

Any interest from down South? :confused:

:Beer:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Just talked to the wife, it's a maybe for now.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:burnout:

Looks like at least 4-5 cars with the first email just going out, so I anticipate we will have a good group from the north. :rb

I will update this thread as we go...:tu:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, October 20, 2012 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the parking lot behind the Cinemark movie theater (drive past the theater, down to the right), adjacent to the parking structure in Del Monte Center, Monterey:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cinemark,+del+monte+center&hl=en&ll=36.586139,-121.893783&spn=0.009183,0.013711&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cinemark,+del+monte+center&cid=0,0,9140492980006656604&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

We will leave around 11:30 on California’s scenic highway one, enjoying spectacular views of the coast all the way down to Big Sur, where we will have lunch at BIG SUR RIVER INN & RESTAURANT, Highway One at Pheneger Creek, Big Sur, CA 93920

Those choosing to, will continue after lunch down the coast to San Simeon for an overnight stay.

* ACTION REQUIRED: A RSVP (count only) is required for lunch by 10PM Friday, 10/12/12!

It would also be nice for planning purposes to know who is planning to stay in San Simeon.

Everyone is responsible for their own overnight accommodations; many are staying at the Best Western San Simeon.

Drive directions with a map will be provided prior to the event.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Tempting, but hotel is booked solid, plus it's a bit of a drive from LA, to get there by noon specially. Can't take that Friday off either...
So I'm passing on this one.

Thanks for the PM! :)

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I'm considering going but haven't had a chance to check hotels etc, so if they are hard to come by, I would likely miss it. It was great seeing the NorCal people last year, the scenery will be spectacular!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm considering going but haven't had a chance to check hotels etc, so if they are hard to come by, I would likely miss it. It was great seeing the NorCal people last year, the scenery will be spectacular!
Hope you can make it...looks like early responses show 6+ from No. Cal....but I expect it to increase..

:tu:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please RSVP for lunch if you haven't or you have finalized your "maybe" plans...

7 cars with 10 people confirmed for lunch...another 4 cars of "Maybe's"

This message is for past Northern CA SLK Enthusiast participants and those who have expressed an interest in joining us.

Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, October 20, 2012 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the parking lot behind the Cinemark movie theater (drive past the theater, down to the right), adjacent to the parking structure in Del Monte Center, Monterey:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cinemark,+del+monte+center&hl=en&ll=36.586139,-121.893783&spn=0.009183,0.013711&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cinemark,+del+monte+center&cid=0,0,9140492980006656604&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

We will leave around 11:30 on California’s scenic highway one, enjoying spectacular views of the coast all the way down to Big Sur, where we will have lunch at BIG SUR RIVER INN & RESTAURANT, Highway One at Pheneger Creek, Big Sur, CA 93920

Those choosing to, will continue after lunch down the coast to San Simeon for an overnight stay.

* ACTION REQUIRED: A RSVP (count only) is required for lunch by 10PM Friday, 10/12/12!

It would also be nice for planning purposes to know who is planning to stay in San Simeon.

Everyone is responsible for their own overnight accommodations; many are staying at the Best Western San Simeon.

Drive directions with a map will be provided prior to the event.

·
1,296 Posts
Steve, doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make this one.. I sure do enjoy driving in that area.

·
1,296 Posts
I was trying to fit some extra time in there to visit a few old favorites of mine..Tadich Grill in SF, and Spengers in Berkeley. Maybe on the next trip.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We now have 10+ cars from the north meeting in Monterey and driving to Big Sur for lunch, but only two (both organizers) confirmed to go further to San Simeon for the overnight....

So, is anyone coming up from So Cal?

If no one is confirmed, we may forgo the overnight and return with the other cars from Big Sur after lunch....

:confused:

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
I put out a feeler through Private Message a few weeks ago and I don't think anyone has committed. I wanted to do this trip, but I don't feel like doing it by myself.

Sorry Steve, but I'm sure your group will have a good time. Hopefully we can do it again later, or perhaps a different destination for next summer perhaps!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put out a feeler through Private Message a few weeks ago and I don't think anyone has committed. I wanted to do this trip, but I don't feel like doing it by myself.

Sorry Steve, but I'm sure your group will have a good time. Hopefully we can do it again later, or perhaps a different destination for next summer perhaps!
No worries Durk!

We will keep the regular opportunities and get together periodically....we'll see if it winds up a day trip or more for an overnighter....regardless, maybe we should calendar it as a yearly October possibility (seems like a good time to try weather and road wise)...

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE - CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

This is now just a day trip from Monterey to Nepenthe restaurant in Big Sur.

We anticipate 18 people in 14 cars...

:rb

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,789 Posts
I love the Nepenthe restaurant! It is breathtaking and very classy! Have fun Steve, say hi all! Don Owen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts