Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"It's not quite breakfast and it's not quite lunch, but you get a good meal and it comes with a slice of canteloupe."

I've got a nifty backroads route from Mercedes-Benz of Wilsonville to Orchard Heights Winery in Salem, and they do a nice affordable Sunday brunch...with wine tasting, too! If you're in Oegon or SW Washington and this sounds like fun, respond here or drop me a line at my regular email, [email protected]. We can meet in the cul-de-sac in front of the store and depart around 9:30-10:00 (whatever works for people). The drive takes about two hours, maybe five minutes of that on I-5. Orchard Heights does ask for reservations, so if you could let me know by Thursday Oct. 1st that would be great. I know that we'll be a pretty small group, but I want to make sure they have room for us.

And yes, that's a gratuitous Simpson's reference above...should be delivered with a bad French accent.

Greg

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, we've got Greg & Nancy and Dave. Who else wants in on this? Weather is supposed to be beautiful, the trees are turning color, the destination has great food and great wine. The route takes us down through the farm country of the Willamette Valley on both sides of I-5, through Salem right past the Capitol, and into the hills west of town to the winery.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! I've made the reservations, and the winery assures me that there's room for more. So if anyone else wants to join us on this, please let me know by PM here or email as listed at the top of the thread. We'll leave from the cul-de-sac in front of Mercedes-Benz of Wilsonville at about 9:30. It ought to take two hours to drive, and our reservations are for 11:30.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you weren't with Dave & Janie and Nancy and I, you missed a great drive, lovely brunch, and a wine tasting! Beekster is hiding behind the camera; we're in the upper overflow lot at Orchard Heights just after our arrival.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts