Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been couped up in the house for the past few days ill! I'm finally starting to feel a bit better and thought I would go grab something to eat aside from soup and headed out in the SLK. There's a bypass through my city to avoid most of the downtown area and it's so used that it's often faster to drive straight through the city these days, but I was out there minding my own business when a Honda Civic (EP Hatch aka minivan Civic) pulled up next to me and started revving while at the light. I looked over at him slightly confused and shook my head, but he kept it up anyway.

Looking around at the surroundings I notice one thing about two blocks up from where we were sitting.. the hood of a silver Mustang chilling with it's running lights on in an, otherwise, empty parking lot. This car stood out to me like a sore thumb (get pulled over enough..) and I looked back over to see if the kid had noticed it or not...surely he wasn't going to..er..yep the light changed and there was some tire spin as the Civic rushed forward off the line. I took off like I normally do and cruised my way up to the speed limit just in time to see the Mustang pull out in front of me and stay there for a second. He didn't accelerate to the speed limit so I switched lanes and passed him, glancing over and grinning, while staying with the speed limit. I was doing 40ish in a 40 and the Civic was walking away from me...the Mustang held off for a second lingering just behind my passenger rear quarter, then took off and activated his lights. Oh yeah, did I mention it was a state trooper? Even better it was one of the guys I talk with fairly often out at the range.

He sent me a text awhile later and said he was just checking out the SLK before he went after the Civic. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
It IS nice knowing one's local "aspects", isn't it :tu::tu:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Good one.

Stupid is as stupid does.

:burnout:

·
Registered
622 Posts
well done that man!

It's just nice knowing that the SLK can easily win (should we feel the need too)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts