Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of forum and internet research, I acquired a bluetooth device that is monitored by an iPhone. Up until now, as I understand it, iPhones could only be accessed via wifi or USB. I intend to use it on my 2002 SLK230 (can also use it on my other non-benz vehicles).

The device is rather expensive ($99), from an Apple Store or Best Buy. I don't expect the OBD code information to be as thorough as other readers, but it is purported to do the following: provide OBD readings with definitions, give you trip map and mpg usage, let you know if you are driving efficiently (compared to EPA standards) with its "driver assistant," keep track of your vehicles whereabouts (if like me, you sometimes forget where you parked), and contacts 911 for you with up to three other contacts if you deploy your airbags.

The device is made by automatic.com and is continually being updated due to user input. I'll update this thread with use, if anyone is interested. It may not be as useful as I hope, because I have not yet tried it.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The app comes with the device, so there is no additional charge. I encourage you to take a look at the information on their website at Automatic.com.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts
Chuck head to the itunes app store. some free, some .99, some $4.99 depending on features other than that $99 one from apple store

·
98,233 Posts
Can it reset srs light?
Who are you asking?

this thread is 4 years old

use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post you wish to reference/reply to

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
349 Posts
Bluetooth replaces a cable, nothing much is different on either end, so no expected differences in use.

·
98,233 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.