Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from an all european car cruise here in Hawaii. Only 5 Mercedes cars showed up out of about 150 in a crowd dominated by VWs.

'04 C32 AMG

Me rolling out, taken by the driver of the C32

Beautiful H3 Highway

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Looks like you had fun. Thanks for the pix of the island.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Looks like you had a good time.

I like the rabbit pick up. I had one of those in the 80's. A diesel with a 24 gal fuel tank and a range of 1,200 miles.
:confused:Interesting, the number of VWs. I would have thought more Japanese brands. I had a new 1980 VW Rabbit Diesel. looked good at the time and it was a converted gas engine (by VW). Mine was a four speed, not five, and it averaged 44 MPG.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Oahu is a perfect place for a roadster, I was thinking about driving my SLK the whole time I was there in Febuary. There are a lot of nice curvy roads to enjoy the twisties. Your SLK looks the best, not really a V dub fan. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oahu is a perfect place for a roadster, I was thinking about driving my SLK the whole time I was there in Febuary. There are a lot of nice curvy roads to enjoy the twisties. Your SLK looks the best, not really a V dub fan. Thanks for sharing.
If only I had remembered to bring my memory stick for my camera, I was planning to take some in car video of our spirited driving through some of the best roads on the island.

Oh well, an even larger get together is coming up Sept. 2. I'll get some video and better pics of the roads next time :tu:

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For example :)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
If only I had remembered to bring my memory stick for my camera, I was planning to take some in car video of our spirited driving through some of the best roads on the island.

Oh well, an even larger get together is coming up Sept. 2. I'll get some video and better pics of the roads next time :tu:
Can't wait to see to pics and vids.

Maui had the best road, think it's called "the road to hana," I remember taking the rental to it's limits. lol. It was fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts