Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Car (yr 2000 230kompressor, 95k) was fine but noticed a hesitation when accelerating a good few months ago. Hardly used over winter. This has now manifested into it will start but stalls straight away. I did clean the MAF which had oil in it a couple of weeks ago and the hesitation/flat spot seemed to improve a bit. I also added fuel injector cleaner to the last tank of petrol to see if that would improve things. I have read the codes and there are 10 in total. 8 relate to cylinder misfires in all four cylinders. The other two are P0170 fuel trim malfunction bank 1, and code P0130 O2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1. I'm going to try and replace the O2 sensor (pre-cat) position first. Having looked at where it is can anyone offer advice to wether it's easier to undo from underneath the car or above. There isn't a lot of room on top. Also which tool is better to use, the little offset one or I have seen a wrench type one with a swivel head.
As always guys your help and advice is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,685 Posts
Hi Guys,
Car (yr 2000 230kompressor, 95k) was fine but noticed a hesitation when accelerating a good few months ago. Hardly used over winter. This has now manifested into it will start but stalls straight away. I did clean the MAF which had oil in it a couple of weeks ago and the hesitation/flat spot seemed to improve a bit. I also added fuel injector cleaner to the last tank of petrol to see if that would improve things. I have read the codes and there are 10 in total. 8 relate to cylinder misfires in all four cylinders. The other two are P0170 fuel trim malfunction bank 1, and code P0130 O2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1. I'm going to try and replace the O2 sensor (pre-cat) position first. Having looked at where it is can anyone offer advice to wether it's easier to undo from underneath the car or above. There isn't a lot of room on top. Also which tool is better to use, the little offset one or I have seen a wrench type one with a swivel head.
As always guys your help and advice is appreciated.

When you cleaned the MAF did you clean the pipework it sits in?
Oil can pool at the bottom elbow.
Could be you need to revisit the MAF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Avel Du, i did gave it a quick wipe round. I'll give it another look though first.

·
Registered 2001 SLK230k
47 Posts
I changed my pre cat sensor yesterday. I tried from above with a 22mm crow foot spanner but eventually had to get at it from underneath with a normal spanner due to the slightly better angle and room for wrenching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.