Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm truly enjoying my new to me SLK. When I went to insure it I was asked it if had the "Sports Package" and I looked at the agent and said I honestly don't know what that is. While digging through the original papers for this car I found the Mercedes showroom window sticker and sure enough this car has that expensive option on it. As mentioned in the "title" it's the 320 so it has the naturally aspirated V6 and on the side of the front fenders instead of "Kompressor" is says "Sport". But what is the sport package? What options make the car have a "sport package"?

Thank you all for taking your time to read my question and answering it for me.

Best regards,

Lisa

·
Super Moderator 06 SLK 280
10,488 Posts
Front alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam and 7.5 inch rim width , rear alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam and 8.5 inch rim width
Front tires with 225 mm tire width, 45% tire profile and Z tire rating , rear tires with 245 mm tire width, 40% tire profile and Z tire rating
Body color front spoiler
Logo/graphics exterior decoration

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WoZ53 for taking your time to reply to my question. Well with computer in hand I checked off the front and rear tire sizes to be exactly what you said they were supposed to be. I didn't measure the wheel width but it all looked good. It has the front spoiler the same "body color" so all that checks. Now the emblems they look so factory they are not adding anything but it does have "sport" embems on each side. So that was a pretty tire and wheel option.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my question here. I so appreciate it.

Best regards,

Lisa

·
Registered
559 Posts
To clarify further, all 230's are Kompressors (supercharger). On 320's, only AMG's are Kompressors. The 230's and 320's make about the same horsepower, they just go about it differently. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mn car guy, I appreciate the additional information. Personally, I'm happy my car doesn't have that extra layer of compliction of the supercharger. The V6 certainly has enough power to kick this car around easily. This is an amazing car to drive. I've never driven anything that corners as flat as this car. Truly amazing and the car has way more capability the me as the driver.

Regards,

Lisa

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A note to WoZ53, I was curious what the none sport package SLK looked like so I googled up some pictures and the front bumper/airdam is indeed very different as well as the lower grills. The wheels have only five spokes on the sport package compared to the 7 spokes on the regular car. Thanks so much for pointing out the differences and it was interesting for me to compare the pictures of each car side by side.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my question.

Best regards,

Lisa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts