Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had covered my door handles and covers before but I always have trouble with round corners and heat so I splurged on the real things.

3 weeks to make and arrive and I did not want to send them my handles and covers so I paid for duplicates to be purchased and made.

Here they are!

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered 2008 SLK 55
33 Posts
Chrometec. Expensive especially if you don't want to wait 3 weeks for yours that you send to them and they have to order new ones to carbon fiber as I did

CHROMETEC. High Quality Tuning für Mercedes-Benz - Mercedes SLK 171 Tuning Carbon Türgriffen und Blenden von Chrometec

Thanks Jeff. I only need the two ovals and that is a little pricey, so I will probably continue looking.

When I bought the car a couple of years ago, I noticed that the carbon fiber had come off the ovals and were missing. The car dealer agreed to order the missing carbon fiber and send it to me if I purchased the car. I took the car, he got his money and interest in providing the parts immediately evaporated...I should have known better!

Alan

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG
3,078 Posts
I'm not sure if it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like the parts are a little smaller than the OEM parts?

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just a tad but not as noticeable as the picture because of shadow and angle
and they are oem parts that have been carbon fibered :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.