Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
another lovely day!
309 Posts
The next step for our cars to becoming a classic...

Before I had a W209 CLK. That was removed when they started with C and E coupes. The great thing about it was that I still had the latest model! No more facelifts, no more new versions.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Yeah, It's a weird feeling! We had a SEC, CLK, and ML before; it's funny that all these well known product lines are gone now!

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
..and less of the range is getting a V8....

The days of the big, normally aspirated engines are limited ....

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I would imagine that our 55 AMG's are going to be highly collectible, best we hang on to them guys...

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
As we have now been 'struck off' we should ask Jeff to set up an exclusive sub-forum with SLK 55 AMG owner access only.>:D

But not just for us Aussies, all you '55 owners can join in.....:grin::grin:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not just us....it's all SLK owners:crying:

SLC could have it's own 'World'..perhaps those that dare venture down the road of owning an SLC can form a 'breakaway' group.

I don't recall seeing all CLK owners jumping into a 'E' class owners group in 2009 when the CLK ceased production and was erased from the model list. The CLK was a hybrid of sorts using 'E' styling and 'C' platform. Isn't that the same as what the SLC is doing?

There does appear to be a few CLK owners clubs and Forums on the net and mixed in with MB World etc, but who is going to be the first to come out of the closet and create an SLC club? :surprise:

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Like Sean said. They're killing off big engined cars. I have no plans at all to get rid of the 55. But I know the only way is up to a 63 or 65 in other models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.