Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a party last night at a friends apartment, nice little community on the higher class side. Comming out this morning I noticed a ton of Merc, took some pictures.

seems like MB is giving away the Cs, the AMGs definetely stand out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
WOAH....

That front spoiler of the CLK Black Series is VERY CLOSE to that white concrete strip. (possible ouch)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was taken back by how many they were there, like 40% of the cars. I didn't photograph many of the older Es and Cs, but there were even more than these. I would love to take a crack at one of those CLKs. Definetely got the BMWs beat in that comunity :cool:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ah, it's what I see at the car wash every week. Except pepper in more Bentley's, Lambo's, Ferrari's (including Enzo's etc.) and the occasional Veyron (owned by possibly the ugliest, geekest music producer. I do not lement him his money, he needs it to see any action!)

Leave the beach for Coral Gables and you swear you moved into Sindelfingen. You can't spit without hitting a Benz in any direction.

Who's the knob that took the CLS63 out of the dealer and did not burn them alive for that cheesy sticker?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Looks like my old high school parking lot. Just toss in a couple BMWs and porsches.

·
Registered
561 Posts
merc's / bmw's are common where i am too. Specially SLK's....i tend to see them everywhere. But yes, AMG's do stand out :)

I'm flyin down to south beach Miami for the weekend...i guess i'll be seeing loads of lambo's / ferrari's as Racer mentions...i hope it doesn't feel like twilight zone :p

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
So if that's what the poor people who live in apts drive, what do the rich drive? Or is that the highest debt-ridden apt complex in town?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
merc's / bmw's are common where i am too. Specially SLK's....i tend to see them everywhere. But yes, AMG's do stand out :)

I'm flyin down to south beach Miami for the weekend...i guess i'll be seeing loads of lambo's / ferrari's as Racer mentions...i hope it doesn't feel like twilight zone :p
Death, you need any club VIP passes, let me know.

You know you can rent an SLK here. $356 a day for SLK350 $620 for SLK55. $135 for a Smart or $2,500 for a Ferrari / Lambo or Maybach.

http://www.playerscarrental.com/mercedes_slk_class_rental.htm

Just got the car washed this morning. ;-)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice cars, the only thing that offended me a little,when you said "higher class" people...
Maybe thats just me,coming from Germany originally...people driving a Benz is normal and nothing special,nor does it mean u make more money or have a special degree or a position cause you drive a Mercedes....

ever been to Germany? or south Germany generally, you will rarely see people over 40 driving one...mainly younger people. And the ones that drive one...have a job that probabaly makes alot less money than you do...difference is. People work for a car there, compared to here,for a house.

I consider myself a normal middle class dude...just me!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice cars, the only thing that offended me a little,when you said "higher class" people...
Maybe thats just me,coming from Germany originally...people driving a Benz is normal and nothing special,nor does it mean u make more money or have a special degree or a position cause you drive a Mercedes....

ever been to Germany? or south Germany generally, you will rarely see people over 40 driving one...mainly younger people. And the ones that drive one...have a job that probabaly makes alot less money than you do...difference is. People work for a car there, compared to here,for a house.

I consider myself a normal middle class dude...just me!
Mercs are obscenely overpriced here (my 2007 SLK280 had an original sticker price of 75k, good thing i bought it used). MBs are like the highest standard here, just below supercars. It's the "dream". I didn't mean it in a offending manner (don't superkick me!), I was just putting in context. And a CLK Black Series is an expensive car anywhere :biglaugh:.

·
3,053 Posts
And a CLK Black Series is an expensive car anywhere :biglaugh:.
Not really, it's about $130,000 around here, and can be had for less now that it's been out for awhile.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not really, it's about $130,000 around here, and can be had for less now that it's been out for awhile.
Can you give me one then?

Because here they are $211,000

Anything above 50 grand is expensive. I would have to do the work of looking up the data of the ammount of cars in the world in the different price ranges and what most of the population can afford or you can take my word for it. Anything above 100k is ridiculously expensive, supercar status. Probably less than the 00.0001% of the cars in the world.

·
3,053 Posts
Can you give me one then?

Because here they are $211,000

Anything above 50 grand is expensive. I would have to do the work of looking up the data of the ammount of cars in the world in the different price ranges and what most of the population can afford or you can take my word for it. Anything above 100k is ridiculously expensive, supercar status. Probably less than the 00.0001% of the cars in the world.
$100,000 is definitely a lot of money, but S65s, S600s, SL 63s, SL 65s, are extremely common around here. even a well spec-ed 911, is over $100,000, and they are all over the place. In California and Florida, it'd probably rarity is more likely to turn heads. Around here, a Lotus Exige can get everyone staring, but a lamborgini gallardo won't even get a second look.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$100,000 is definitely a lot of money, but S65s, S600s, SL 63s, SL 65s, are extremely common around here. even a well spec-ed 911, is over $100,000, and they are all over the place. In California and Florida, it'd probably rarity is more likely to turn heads. Around here, a Lotus Exige can get everyone staring, but a lamborgini gallardo won't even get a second look.
It really has to do with the ammount of population and commercial activity of the area. South Beach is insane, I had a friend that test drove a California, and it was like it was nothing. And that's a 300k car. At least in PR my SLK can still get me stares. Even more because i'm relatively young (25) and most younger people don't have the financial security to get one of these. And the SLK is kind of impractical as a daily driver for the older crowd (i know my dad can barely get in and out) and they are the ones that have them around here. I haven't seen ayone my age driving a car like mine, so when i go the college bars it really stands out.

·
3,053 Posts
It really has to do with the ammount of population and commercial activity of the area. South Beach is insane, I had a friend that test drove a California, and it was like it was nothing. And that's a 300k car. At least in PR my SLK can still get me stares. Even more because i'm relatively young (25) and most younger people don't have the financial security to get one of these. And the SLK is kind of impractical as a daily driver for the older crowd (i know my dad can barely get in and out) and they are the ones that have them around here. I haven't seen ayone my age driving a car like mine, so when i go the college bars it really stands out.
We have a lot of entrepreneurs, immigrants, and criminals around here...so a lot of the $100k+ cars are driven by what look like 16 year-olds.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
We have a lot of entrepreneurs, immigrants, and criminals around here...so a lot of the $100k+ cars are driven by what look like 16 year-olds.
So Eddie, which one are you!:D Sorry man, just kidding but couldn't resist!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.