Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
*Registered
2007 SLK55 AMG
16 Posts
Gutten tag, from Ohio!!
Just purchased a bone stock 2007 SLK55 AMG in Phoenix, AZ. We were debating how to get it home to Ohio and figured let’s just make a journey out of it and fly out and drive it back, so that’s what we did. I carefully planned our route to hit interesting sites along the way including Sedona, Slide Rock, Winslow, the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest, Palo Duro Canyon, Santa Fe, Bandolier National Monument, Valles Calderes, Oklahoma City, Branson, Dogwood Canyon, and St Louis. The SLK turned out to be the perfect car for the trip.

The car is roomy enough and the seats are supportive and comfortable enough for extended drives when we needed to cover some distance. This thing blasts down the highway! When we were on a scenic mountainous route, we popped the top and carved up and down the twisty roads. The car is small enough to park anywhere and it turns on a dime, so if we passed something we liked, we could easily turn around. My only complaints would be the stereo, which only seemed to pick up Mexican radio and some creaking when driving slow… This car seems to be happiest driving hard!

I got this as just a fun toy and was expecting to tinker with it, but I fell in love with it the way it is, so will probably only replace the stereo and continue to drive it. We put over 2,300 miles on it the first week of ownership!

We took pictures everywhere we went, so I have tons, but here are 3 I really like… Enjoy!!!

PS - the last pic was right before the huge storm last week that brought high winds, torrential rain, and tornadoes. We drove through the Ozarks during that storm and the SLK handled it well…except I didn’t realize how to turn on the fog lights until reading a post on this forum tonight, which is why I joined!!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Car

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.