Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from dinner tonight I approach the stoplight with this behemoth behind me with his lights glaring in my rear window. The road across the intersection narrows from two lanes to one. Pickup man inches closer to my rear and then backs up and pulls next to me. I know the road narrows,not sure if he did but I know he wants to be in front of me.He sits there revving his diesel, I'm sitting patiently listening to Bob Dylan on the radio. Light turns green, I hear this loud noise,it's close but I can't quite see him. What I do see is the cars parked in the lane he is in. As I pass the parked cars I catch a faint glint of headlights in my mirror. Now I'm sure that thing is great for climbing over rocks, but SLK's not so much. Attached is a representation of the behemoth. :D

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Counts of course! bet your heart was 'racing' :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Monster trucks

Yep that counts. The closest I have come to getting busted in the last few years was from a very large 4x4 Dodge diesel pickup with a banks kit running 45 psi boost! I was in my turbo car at the time but it is nearly as quick as the SLK and I was genuinely shocked.
:surprise:

I later did my homework and found that with the boost turned all the way up they can turn 1/4mi times in the high 9's with one of them beasties. That makes it a legitimate threat. Even with the boost only turned up part of the way they can get torque number that are 700-1000 ftlbs.

Irish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts