Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving my car and it was working fine, then all of a sudden I came to a redlight and stopped, went to go and noticed my car got stuck in a high gear and was accelerating slow, I pulled into a shopping center and cut the car off and then turned it back on to reset it, now it wont shift past first. It also jerks really hard when I put it into first. I just got a 99 transmission and 99 TCM put into it and its a 98 so they had to change up a few wires, any idea of what could cause this to happen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out it was in Limp mode, and it puts extra pressure in the lines that why when I was switching into gear the car would jerk really hard, also ran it on the scanner and it said Solenoid C was bad. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,475 Posts
Any update on this? Having the same problem with mine?

Thanks
FYI, this thread is 6 year sold
who in the thread are you asking?

use the 'quote' button so we know

op has not been on since
Last Activity: 01-08-2016

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
Yes many things can put it into "limp home" mode but there will always be a trouble code listed. A service manual can tell you just what the code means and potential causes.

ps simple OBD-II scanners will often display a generic code that just means there is a deeper code that tells you exactly what is going on. As long as that deeper code remains you will not be able to clear (or will return immediately) the generic code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts