Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation I have come to the difficult decision to sell my "baby" - the SLK55. The GOOD NEWS is that I have found a "loving home" for her - Matt (SLKLUV)!!

The hardest part of this decision was the feeling that I would be letting go of a "community" of friends with whom I have enjoyed many good times together. This forum, the OC group, our meets/drives/dinners/barbeques, etc. has filled an empty spot in my social life and I have enjoyed all of it!

The 55 has been my most favorite vehicle that I have owned - it is awesome in every way...to part with it was one of the hardest decisions I have had to make - sounds crazy, but we all know how much we love our cars!

Matt and I spent half of our day together today finalizing this transaction...it was weird riding in "my" car in the passenger seat...that was a first LOL! As Matt was driving I kept thinking things like "watch the curb" or "don't park here" etc...:) It is finally setting in that it is no longer my car....

But it's in good hands! Matt - don't get too many speeding tickets, and try not to leave too much rubber on the road!

I ended up purchasing a BMW 135i - 306 HP so it's fast...I will post some pics soon - maybe tomorrow. I got a convertible (didn't want to give that up).

So, guys - would it be okay if I join you on some meets still? If the "Beemer" is going to upset the "SLK's" then I guess I could ride shotgun with someone...I can always just back out of the group photos LOL!

Anyway, didn't want to say "goodbye" to anyone - but instead I wanted you all to know that I'd still like to be lurking around this forum...you have become friends and a car "family" with whom I totally enjoyed spending time with.

Congratulations Matt on your new ride! There is none better!

David

BTW - you all know my car - I have the OEM windscreen (plexi) Limited Edition which I purchased when I went to Germany - PM me if you're interested in buying it (Matt prefers to have the wind roar through his hair!)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks a lot David for the smooth transaction and as I told you earlier I hope you stay on the forum!

As far as bringing the BMW on the meet, the more the merrier! Plus, that little car is going to be fast!

David is a stand up guy and its my hope to see him in a 172 AMG in the future =)

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Ah, so that's the car that Matt was buying!!! David, you definitely need to come to the meetings. Bring the Beemer of course.

That said, "wow!". Based on the things you said about your car during the meets, and how you appreciated the car's abilities every time you took it out on a drive with the group, I am curious why you ended up getting a different ride?!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Do bring the BMW. If it's the N54 engine (not sure on the engine designation w BMW's) with the twin turbo, make sure that the high speed fuel pump is the latest one (there's a recall on this).

I'm curious on how you would compare the handling on our meet-and-drives.

Do stick around and join us on the meet-and-drives still.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
OOH! you have to come to our next meet! (BTW that's a reminder...what shall we do next?)

We can do an OC mini-meet this sunday! i'd love to check out the new car david!

The beemer is going to be very welcome at the meets!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Im going hiking Sunday so I couldnt make an early-afternoon meet, anything before 5:00 is questionable.

I'd love to try and do something next weekend if people are available, unless you guys wanted to setup an evening cruise on Sunday?

·
Registered
369 Posts
After much deliberation I have come to the difficult decision to sell my "baby" - the SLK55. The GOOD NEWS is that I have found a "loving home" for her - Matt (SLKLUV)!!

The hardest part of this decision was the feeling that I would be letting go of a "community" of friends with whom I have enjoyed many good times together. This forum, the OC group, our meets/drives/dinners/barbeques, etc. has filled an empty spot in my social life and I have enjoyed all of it!

The 55 has been my most favorite vehicle that I have owned - it is awesome in every way...to part with it was one of the hardest decisions I have had to make - sounds crazy, but we all know how much we love our cars!

Matt and I spent half of our day together today finalizing this transaction...it was weird riding in "my" car in the passenger seat...that was a first LOL! As Matt was driving I kept thinking things like "watch the curb" or "don't park here" etc...:) It is finally setting in that it is no longer my car....

But it's in good hands! Matt - don't get too many speeding tickets, and try not to leave too much rubber on the road!

I ended up purchasing a BMW 135i - 306 HP so it's fast...I will post some pics soon - maybe tomorrow. I got a convertible (didn't want to give that up).

So, guys - would it be okay if I join you on some meets still? If the "Beemer" is going to upset the "SLK's" then I guess I could ride shotgun with someone...I can always just back out of the group photos LOL!

Anyway, didn't want to say "goodbye" to anyone - but instead I wanted you all to know that I'd still like to be lurking around this forum...you have become friends and a car "family" with whom I totally enjoyed spending time with.

Congratulations Matt on your new ride! There is none better!

David

BTW - you all know my car - I have the OEM windscreen (plexi) Limited Edition which I purchased when I went to Germany - PM me if you're interested in buying it (Matt prefers to have the wind roar through his hair!)

Hi David, you have a PM. I'm interested in buying the QEM windsceen (plexi) from you.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hey David!
So glad that you enjoyed the car and the forum. It was great meeting you in Vegas the last two years. The friendships you have made will last longer than any car. Stay in touch. Maybe Matt will even let you drive your ol' '55 once in a while:tu:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've HEARD (never bothered researching) from one co-worker that those little 135s are just about as fast as an M3. Congrats on the car. I know you'll have fun.

At least the 55 is going to a good home. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Gratz on the new 135i! It will be interesting to hear your comparison and comments as you get to know your new BMW. As everyone else has said, by all means join in on all our drives (I personally think one time SLK ownership = lifetime SLKworld participation).

And gratz to both you and Matt on keeping the SLK55 in the SLKworld family too! That sounds like a total win-win car transaction :tu:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow, how awesome is this, I'm glad that the 55 stayed "in the family" :)
As other people said, do bring the BMW, but maybe we'll have you drive on the rear of the pack. :p
Just kidding. Seriously ,don't be a stranger, the more the merrier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your kind words! I am getting to know the Beemer and can't wait to see how it performs with the slks...

I'd be available next Saturday after noon or Sunday after 1 for a "mini" meet if any one is up for it...preferably Sunday.

I'll post pics soon...and guys...thanks for letting me stay in the "family"!

Matt, any tickets yet? Lol! (course the 135i is fast so I'd better be careful myself). :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
No tickets yet, but I haven't come across any cops so thats probably why.

Was coming back from dinner with a friend yesterday and the highway was clear so I gassed it to see, got up to 140 much quicker then my 350 would :)

·
19,400 Posts
November 20 or 21 (Saturday or Sunday) looks free for me too.

·
19,400 Posts
I just looked at some of the specs of the 135i convertible: it's 3600 lbs roughly with a 7 speed DCT!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This HSFP has been a big deal with BMW recently...I was not aware of it when I purchased the vehicle, and my salesman did not inform me...maybe because the car is a CPO...I have nothing but great things to say about my dealership experience...but I am taking the car in on Tuesday to have this issue checked...I want to make sure my car is not affected or if it is that the new pump be put in...so we shall see what they say...

The Beemer definitely feels lighter on the get up and go...seems to handle well so far...silly thing but one of my favorite features thus far is the Bluetooth connectivity...love that! I also have comfort access which allows me to open/lock/start car with the key in my pocket...no more putting it in an ignition!

I feel like a "traitor" now :)

Do bring the BMW. If it's the N54 engine (not sure on the engine designation w BMW's) with the twin turbo, make sure that the high speed fuel pump is the latest one (there's a recall on this).

I'm curious on how you would compare the handling on our meet-and-drives.

Do stick around and join us on the meet-and-drives still.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts