Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2003 R230 SL500
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Any SL owners up for a meet in East Anglia somewhere?
If enough people are interested we can sort out location, date and time

Cambridgeshire or Suffolk would be central.
I'm happy to organise it, if we can find a reasonably sized group.

Add your details below if you are interested;

Edit; 25th Oct 2019

As has been (rightly) pointed out, nowhere in East Anglia (EA) is central, except to Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.

I am happy to open this out to UK wide, but then, my taking on the organising becomes more difficult.
I have to ask opinions of locals in 2 or 3 central UK areas for appropriate meeting places / routes, if we want to take a drive / places to eat.
Then, things get messy.

I would be happy to do the organising, if, when we have an agreed meeting area, someone local, can do the . . . .well . . . .local stuff.

So, if you are interested, UK wide, stick your details below and let's see if we can get a good SL meet organised

Janner R230 SL500 2003

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,847 Posts
Great idea Janner!
But I’m not sure where Cambridgeshire or Suffolk are central to......East Anglia I guess?
Given the low numbers of SL owners I think you’ll get a better response if you chose a location more central to the U.K.
Good luck anyway.
TonyS

·
Registered 2013 SL63
556 Posts
Hi Janner,
Great idea but on an SLK forum you're always going to have a limited audience and even more so if you concentrate on East Anglia.
Living near Norwich I'm used to having to travel some distance to attend meetings which isn't a problem as I'm always up for an excuse to give the '63 a run out!
Russ

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Janner,
Great idea but on an SLK forum you're always going to have a limited audience and even more so if you concentrate on East Anglia.
Living near Norwich I'm used to having to travel some distance to attend meetings which isn't a problem as I'm always up for an excuse to give the '63 a run out!
Russ
Great idea Janner!
But I’m not sure where Cambridgeshire or Suffolk are central to......East Anglia I guess?
Given the low numbers of SL owners I think you’ll get a better response if you chose a location more central to the U.K.
Good luck anyway.
TonyS

Gents
Thanks for the comments

See the edit in my original post.

John

·
Registered 2006 SLK350 sold/now 2018 SL400
301 Posts
I’m definitely up for a meet I’m near Hull but don’t mind travelling, could make a good long weekend as well?
Also there may be some SLK owners that may like to join us?
I really enjoyed the skid pan sessions on the Rockingham meets. Maybe look for something similar?

Mark

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents
If we can get a few more interested bodies, we can give it a go
Personally, I like the idea of Warwickshire . . . Close to the middle of England (a long run from the North mind)

John

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
53 Posts
If you are inviting people to join you who own an SLK I would come along to Hilltop Farm depending on date chosen.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interest so far from;
Janner R230 SL500 2003
TonyS3
Mark999
Statler

Add you details or let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts