Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is, but Indy SLK drivers just don't return waves. An SLK was heading East on 86th St near Springmill Rd with a female driver. I gave a small, discrete "peace sign wave", and all I received in return was a good look up her nostrils. In my 1 year of "operatorship(one never truly owns an MB)" of my SLK, only 1 driver, of an SL500/550, has returned my wave(I even got a big wave from the driver of a big "letter class" MB one day).

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,891 Posts
That's too bad she didn't acknolwedge you. How rude can you get? Come on down to Tampa and you will get waved to and chased down (Jeff)!

On Weds., I had the top down, stopped at a light, a silver 171 pulled next to me. I waved, they waved and she rolled down the window. I asked why they didn't have the top down because it was such a beautiful day, she said it messes up her hair when they travel! My light changed and the guy told me to have a good time, beeped and waved out the window again at me as I started to go.

These two were so cute, probably in their late 60's or early 70's!! Both had silver hair to match their car!!

Made my day!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Note to self:

Always wave to other SLK drivers.

P.S. Especially if they wave first

P.S.S. Especially if they wave first and I am in Indianapolis.

:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
It's safer that way Reb...

Marykay, she needs a collection of "Grace Kelly" kerchiefs (as Cath calls them) - stylish, fun and attractive!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ss; chased down!? I'd like that...except by Jeff :biglaugh:

Much appreciated REB! If it isn't too far to drive, check-out the '12 Indiana SLK Meet; I promise I'll give you a big wave:rb

JJ, I WAS wearing a scarf...uh, AIRSCARF, that is :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, what do you know...I saw a 170, flashed them, uh, flashed my head lights, that is, and the gentleman gave a big wave over and a big smile through the windshield!!! I was gonna' follow him and introduce myself, but decided he might think I was a hair-dresser, so I didn't. I am going to cruise his neighborhood, which is less than 1/2 mile from my 'hood, to see if I might see him again and tell him about SLKW and invite him to the '12 Indiana SLK Meet.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,050 Posts
he was probably the hairdresser!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...I never thought about that... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ahh man.. Wave at me and I'll definitely wave in return! These past couple of weeks I've been biking it though so I haven't put very many miles on the SLK at all.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tibb, I don't get up Anderson way much; no good twisties to drive(at least compared to NW Indy and West/South-central IN), BUT, if I DO get up there, I'll shoot you a PM and we can do a double wave-at :tu::tu:

·
98,050 Posts
rexagon,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,891 Posts
Women never wave, it's just a thing men do mostly, like in the mustang or jeep world it's the same thing!
I always wave, usually first, but if it's another woman she usually won't wave back!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I had my MR2 Spyder, virtually ALL the other Spyder owners would wave back, men AND women. Heck, a man and his wife gave me a big wave last Summer...and they were in a Vette!!!

·
98,050 Posts
rexagon,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
35 Posts
Something about driving this car just makes you smile every time so why not share the love and give each other a wave when you can. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I always felt the same way about Honda CRX drivers. I would always wave or flash lights at another CRX, but the vast majority never responded. I also tried to start it up with Honda Element drivers when I got the El, but same thing. I think most people are zoned out while driving (how scary is that :confused: ) and just don't notice. Also, most people seem to just drive a car for transportation and don't really pay attention to cars (how sad is that :( ).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some girls wave

"Some girls wave" Geez, after I typed that, i realised that it sounds liked a band, eh?
I always wave. I met another SLK girl driver while on the 5, and she followed me from 2-3 hrs outside of SFO, till Marin County. I was in my red, and I believe she was in a blue.

Yesterday after hand washing, I pulled into a station to dry. The guy next to me looks over, and says, Mine next? He is in a black SLK, 2 yrs newer than mine. We chatted, and he does a lot of Hwy driving, so I told him if he followed me home I would give him a bra, I just removed from mine. (Sounded weird, yes?)

We are discussing switching wheels. I have the 17" OEM AMG wheels from Sports package. He has 16" staggers, with pretty wheels, with the blue emblem. I have no idea if it is a good idea, or not! (My better half thinks I am nuts, bringing strangers back to the house to give him a bra ;) )

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Why doesn't anything like that ever happen to me ! ? !

IMHO this just goes to show you that SLK owners are a pretty special group.

Bravo !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.