Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, i could not help it i have been cruzing on the German Slk side and i came across this pic from a German member taking a pic of the new R172. As you can see not everybody gets excited over the new Slk. What can I say????:rb:rb

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Folks, i could not help it i have been cruzing on the German Slk side and i came across this pic from a German member taking a pic of the new R172. As you can see not everybody gets excited over the new Slk. What can I say????:rb:rb

I am with him on that. I think the front is ugly

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't think it's ugly, just not special. Looks like all current model MBs.
Agreed... Although, get yourself to a dealer and see the rest of the car. I don't like the front-end, but the rest of the car has some very nice lines and I think its been very well done.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Agree with Ynot and Smandola....the front end isn't ugly, it is just not very distinctive. Overall, it is a nice looking car. I just think Mercedes is taking the design across all models theme to the extreme.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Saw my first R172 at dealer yesterday and it looked nice but not spectacular.

But, it sure makes the R171 look obsolete, as the R170 has been forever now.

As with, reportedly, the new New Beetle, the look is now more masculine.

The car is really an engineering as perhaps opposed to a styling exercise, and there's plenty new, sophisticated engineering to be had.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
The car is really an engineering as perhaps opposed to a styling exercise, and there's plenty new, sophisticated engineering to be had.
Want to wait and see for a couple of years to have the initial "bugs" worked out and see what the R172-AMG may look like exterior, interior and under the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.