1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,254 Posts
my work pc also stops some pics

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
I caught this new Mercedes super car parked near me in Mendocino last Saturday ...

Darn pretty thing. Sorry for the low-rez photos ... made with the iPhone, it's all I had with me.
:confused:Pics OK, lack of color pics is a bigger issue for me.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. Wouldn't you love to drive one of those !

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,920 Posts
Heck, I'd like to able to just sit in one - however, my wallet isn't thick enough for the MB dealer to even given me the time of day. :burnout:

·
Registered
72 Posts

Attend the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance at Amelia Island, FL (2d weekend in March each year Amelia Concours D'Elegance) and you can. Luxury brands are placed at the entrance to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche each have several of their top models available for test drives on Friday and Saturday. This year Mercedes had about eight AMG models including an SLS. Rolls, Bentley, and Lamborghini were there this year too, but only had one of each. Mercedes and Porsche were having the most people drive their cars.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Thanks for posting.. :)

Some of us on the South Wales sheep chase last year got to sit in one at the Mercedes dealer in Swansea. Easy to bonk your head getting in and out... Definately a lot of car.. Saw the F1 safety car version at Singapore last year and it does not hang about.... R)

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
We had both an SLS and a SLR come through Mecum's Indianapolis auction this year. Good looking cars though I was only able to get into the SLS. The owners drove both cars, but I chatted with the guy who had the SLS for awhile and then later on drove his Audi R8 Spyder..super nice chap.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I had a go in one last year, really fabulous. Wonderful sound, not convinced about the gullwing, I'd have the roadster (just that I want a G63 first lolz). Our dealership has had to find somewhere else to test now because someone who lives on one of the roads complained about the 'hooligans in noisy suped up cars'. :eek:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Color was all mucked up (bad backlighting) and it is a silver car anyway.

I'd love a go at driving one but honestly it's so far over my pay grade that I lack motivation even to attempt. I could never justify to myself paying the tariff to own something like that.

I'm quite satisfied with the yellow car. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
nasty benz! slr sterling moss is a wicked drive too,,,couldnt get it out of first wthout a burnstrip th size of area 51 landingstrip! anyhoot benzspeed to u all....late.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.