Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this evening I was driving home on Hwy 6, straight stretch of 5-lane road with a few traffic lights. I drove up to one traffic light and stopped next to a souped up Civic Si. Big rims, noisy exhaust, chrome everywhere, the works. After a few seconds the guy revved his engine. I looked his way and saw this adolescent dude giving me a "let's go" stare. I gave him my most sincere "are you stupid?" look back, and he revved it again. So I thought fine, no other traffic around, I'll give you what you want. Light went green, got some traction and floored it. After a few seconds I was so far ahead I felt sorry for him and let go of the gas and tapped my breaks twice. He flashed his high beams twice and that was that. Silly boy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recently had a young kid in a WRX (non-STI) roll up beside me on an expressway at about 50mph - he started revving the engine and I could here the turbo blow-off valve singing. I'm sure he did much better than your Civic guy, but he still couldn't match the power of the 350.

He finally gave me a thumb's up in defeat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a honest win but the kid still Highbeam u(in anger)...:mad:
Is that what that means? I did not know that... and I would not be surprised if he didn't either. I'm guessing he just meant to acknowledge the kill because I can't imagine he expected any other outcome! :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sometimes they do but try anyways

To be honest, if i was in the same situation i wouldn't bother wasting the petrol even although some people just need to be taught a lesson sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Is that what that means? I did not know that... and I would not be surprised if he didn't either. I'm guessing he just meant to acknowledge the kill because I can't imagine he expected any other outcome! :D
In the US, the flash of the lights usually indicates "you win, I'm done". Not anger.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In the US, the flash of the lights usually indicates "you win, I'm done". Not anger.
+1

I had a Chevy Blazer egg me on once in west hollywood, I felt my gas was not worth it... he looked like such a fool taking off at the green going sideways... :burnout:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hahahahaha

Thats brilliant... and it happens to me all the time. I mean, who do they think they are...? 18 year old spotty herbert in a souped up... Honda...!?!? what???

Tell you though, you gotta watch out for those Nissan Skylines, they tend to be a whole lot faster... but they still cant keep up.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Around here, most of the "boys" who have those so-called "souped up" Civics have modified them more to make noise than to go fast. As I also have a Honda S 2000, I know that many owners of these cars want modified intakes for "sound only" and don't give a hoot about performance. The name for such guys is "ricers". With me, whether I am in my SLK or S 2000, I just want to quietly and quickly disappear into the distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts